Barber Tone Press radio frequencies

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jsytsma, Jan 17, 2015.

1. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

So I finally got a TOTALLY silent rig. And then I plug things in yesterday and notice my Barber Tone Press compressor is giving off radio frequencies.

When the pedal is engaged, I get radio frequencies. When it's bypassed, it's silent.

It's a little weird that it would happen seemingly out of the blue. How can I troubleshoot this issue? And is it the pedal, or something in my surroundings?

2. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

3. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

It's because its designed to pick up this station:

[​IMG]

4. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

Seriously - your best bet here would be to contact Barber directly. Obviously, this should not be happening. I've not heard of this issue before with Barber products. There may be a problem with your specific unit. But try changing the cords you used to hook up the new compressor first. Good luck.

5. David B

David B Silver Supporting Member

Try swapping out cables on the Tone Press's input side of the signal chain. You most likely have a cable with a compromised shield, the signal gets in the cable and then is amplified by an effect pedal, in this case the Tone Press. Poorly shielded guitars can also pull in radio too.

6. guille-tgp

guille-tgp Member

Try changing some cables pedalboard.

7. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

That's David, if I have any issues I will let you know. I have all good quality Lava cables, but who knows.