• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Barber Tone Press....Wow I like it!

jlw001

I was checking out some compressors online (ProGuitarShop.... thanks a million) to see what I might upgrade to and discovered that Barber makes a lovely compressor where you can blend back in some "dry" signal just like in the studio. Nicely done, Barber!

I see one in my near future. So, who digs the Barber Tone Press?

EDIT:
Yeah, I know.......where have I been this past decade.......lol

john b

Silver Supporting Member
I've gone through a few and this is the only one I kept. If you're into a more subtle thing, it's great. It does do the squishy comp deal pretty good to but it really shines in the subtle. The sustain knob is very effective too.

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
Make sure to experiment with the internal trim pot which changes the overall tone and character of the compressor.

iamspartacus

Make sure to experiment with the internal trim pot which changes the overall tone and character of the compressor.
Yeah! I sold off my first TP because I thought it was too subtle. I really wanted to have heavy squash available and didn't even realize that there was a trim pot to add color and extra compression if desired.

I bought a TP again to give it another shot, and opened up the pedal to mess with the "color" pot. Woah! What a difference! Adjusting the "color" make a "nice" pedal an incredibly useful pedal.

DC1

One of the most musically useful guitar pedals ever made by anyone.

dc

MoPho

Formerly tripp2k
Silver Supporting Member
I think it shines when you are running more gain which is why I picked one up (again) for my "heavier" board. My AM bi-comp will go on my lower gain board where there will be a heavier balance of clean versus gain.

monstermike

I love mine - I use it as a clean boost with just enough compression blended in to squish it up a bit, pushing a small amp into overdrive.

Wagster

Silver Supporting Member
I love mine.I play EL84's and just about gave up on compressors until I tried the Tone Press.

jlw001

I'm currently using a Marshall ED1, Ross Clone, 4 knob compressor that does have a way of tuning the frequencies you compress. I have it set very subtle right now because I really don't like losing my attack. I would run with more compression if I could add in some uncompressed signal back in to cover the attack portion of the wave.

I think the Tone Press is the compressor I have been waiting for....are there any others that are similar to the TP that I should check out?...Or is the TP the king of the hill?

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
I never knew there was a trim pot inside, I will have to give it a tweak.

I am using my tone press in my bass rig right and and it works well there.

I had a guyatone ST-2 before the tone press and for the money, that is a nice compressor, I preferred the tone press though.

Trending Topics