Barber Trifecta Fuzz is out!

Festus

Gold Supporting Member
Amp: 18 watt 2x6V6 barber prototype using basic Weber Trannies (IE sub $1000 amp)
Holy smokes! What's that? A 6v6 duet Barber amp?!? I mean, yea, I'll be getting a Trifecta, that's a no-brainer, but a new Barber amp?? Yowza! :eek: That really got my attention. :BEER

FatTeleTom

Holy smokes! What's that? A 6v6 duet Barber amp?!? I mean, yea, I'll be getting a Trifecta, that's a no-brainer, but a new Barber amp?? Yowza! :eek: That really got my attention. :BEER
Ditto. The Trifect sounds awesome, but this little tidbit really intrigues....

pacomc79

As promised here are some sounds files of the Trifecta I knocked out with our new Logic Express and Apogee Duet rig. SM57 through the mic pres built into the $500 Duet.

Guitar: PRS SE EG 10-46 stock!

Amp: 18 watt 2x6V6 barber prototype using basic Weber Trannies (IE sub $1000 amp)

speaker: 1x10" RAGIN CAJUN

recorded in garage, cement floor crickets and all! :p

Color Bender

Tri PI

Suppa Bender with flat mid pulled

Starts with each of the three toggle positions, then goes through adjustments to show range

OK man, I know I'm behind the times, I've really liked your stuff and have owned one of the original version DD's since I heard Jason's clips on steelbender and I had to have it. Several years later I still like it, but This thing is cool, and I like what I'm hearing in not only the Trifecta but that amp sounds like a lot of fun.

musickbox

Can anyone comment on how well it cleans up? Also is it one of those fuzzes that needs to be first on the chain like a Fuzz Face, FUzz factory, etc? Clips sounds great. Let me know where to buy that amp.

-Yannick

VanStone

Lets see, just finished the Linden, Trifecta, new "B-Custom" line of "Custom Cool" and "Custom Hot", revoiced the classic black LTD, drew the Dual LTD, DD LG, LTD SR and redrew all the PCBs for RoHS, and renovated a shop and house...knew I forgot something on my vacation time...THE CLIPS! :jo
So, Dr. FrankenBarber has been busy in the laboratory. Spill the beans, what are those other new products? Details man, details. :D

V

buzzdog

I love the Tri PI tone. Smashing Pumpkins is one of my fave bands of all time and that tone is all over their music.

TheWarmth

I've never heard of a Vox Suppa Tonebender. Perhaps we're thinking of the Colorsound Supa? Maybe I'm wrong.

byrdman

David -

Thanks for the follow up. I was wondering if you use a "pull down" resistor in the bypass circuit to reduce the "pop" when switching the effect in and out?

Thanks again and looking forward to receiving a Trifecta soon for my steel guitars.

Pylonracer

So it's been almost a couple of months. What does everyone think of the Trifecta now that you've had a chance to play with it for a while?

GuitarBrent

I played one for the first time yesterday and thought it was freaking awesome. I'd love to have that sludge control on every fuzz I own, as it's soooo versatile. Clean up is pretty good, but it won't clean up all the way. This is, of course a Big Muff style fuzz, and those never really clean up very well (by this I mean clean up all the way with manipulations of your guitar volume knob from a completely clean sound to a screaming fuzz sound). The Trifecta is responsive to playing dynamics, and the clean up is better and better as you roll the fuzz knob down a bit. Tons of gain and feedback are inside this box. But do I really need another fuzz? :rolleyes:

The 3 fuzzes inside this box all sound very similar (differences are very subtle, but there), as noted in some other threads. I would suspect that different amps and guitar combinations would elicit some bigger differences though. The tone, sludge, and fuzz knobs have such great range and interaction. All very usable. You can really work the sludge and tone knobs together so well here. But even for a fuzz newbie, it's so easy to stomp on this pedal and get a great sound. Tons of tone for $150. OK now I've made myself :drool.

I played one for the first time yesterday and thought it was freaking awesome. I'd love to have that sludge control on every fuzz I own, as it's soooo versatile. Clean up is pretty good, but it won't clean up all the way. This is, of course a Big Muff style fuzz, and those never really clean up very well (by this I mean clean up all the way with manipulations of your guitar volume knob from a completely clean sound to a screaming fuzz sound). The Trifecta is responsive to playing dynamics, and the clean up is better and better as you roll the fuzz knob down a bit. Tons of gain and feedback are inside this box. But do I really need another fuzz? :rolleyes:

The 3 fuzzes inside this box all sound very similar (differences are very subtle, but there), as noted in some other threads. I would suspect that different amps and guitar combinations would elicit some bigger differences though. The tone, sludge, and fuzz knobs have such great range and interaction. All very usable. You can really work the sludge and tone knobs together so well here. But even for a fuzz newbie, it's so easy to stomp on this pedal and get a great sound. Tons of tone for $150. OK now I've made myself :drool.
I agree...I love my trifecta..I love all my barbers...barber is the only pedal I consider boutique that I have found that is significantly better than the name brands...and at the same price basically...

I plan on owning all the barbers eventually...and will probably have a couple ltd's...thumbs up to barber...love em!!!

Pylonracer

How would you say it is different or better than the big muff? I"m not too worried about clean up because when I step on it, I want fuzz.

RDM

How would you say it is different or better than the big muff? I"m not too worried about clean up because when I step on it, I want fuzz.
I wouldn't say it's better tone-wise. Definetly a smaller footprint. It does a great Muff sound...and the push-pull of the tone knob, plus the 3-way really gives it some versatility.

gatordoc

Is the Trifecta quieter than your average BM? I always liked the sound of a muff but hated the noise.

Trending Topics