Barber Trifecta vs. EHX Little Big Muff

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Pylonracer, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Pylonracer

Pylonracer Member

I'd like to add the Big Muff sound to by arsenal, If I spring for the Barber Trifecta is there any reason to pick up a Little Big Muff; or will the Trifecta cover the Big Muff sound?

2. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Trifecta does a great Big Muff and a great Supa Tonebender. Actually it does a great Jumbo Tonebender as well, but I'm really digging the Muff and Supa tones right now. You will absolutely not need a LBM in addition to it.

3. 73171

73171 Member

GuitarBrent,

What settings did you use on the Trifecta to emulate a Big Muff?

(I just bought a Trifecta and I'm trying various settings..)

Thanks!

4. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Mainly just keep the toggle switch on the left most position (that's the BM circuit). Volume to taste, tone in the down position at around 10-11 o'clock. sludge around 2 o'clock. I set the fuzz at around 3-4 o'clock. Sometimes I've been running the tone control at noon for a little more top end.

5. 73171

73171 Member

GuitarBrent,

I just set up my Trifecta as you suggested, and now I'm slamming it with my Les Paul...

This sounds like the LBM I used to have, but without the noise...

Thanks !!:AOK

6. Pylonracer

Pylonracer Member

7. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Now on those same settings, flip the toggle switch to the far left for the Supa Tonebender sound. Hear a little more highs and a low end that almost has some give or push back when you hit the strings harder. SWEET! Subtle, but so nice.

:dude