Barber Trifecta w/ wah, Noise Issue- Help!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mcalldp, Jan 30, 2008.

1. mcalldp

mcalldp Member

Trifecta: Frist, I love the tone of the pedal! Sadly, the noise level when used with wah is louder than my playing! I mean REALLY loud buzz. The noise floor is raised when turned on alone but not too bad, a bit more with the tone press, but expected. With the wah however, it's unusable.

I've tried different guitars, amps, redid all my cables, switch from Pedal Power II to batteries, tried two different wahs (Budda & Morley) nothing changed. My path is going from wah, tone press, direct drive, trifecta. The direct drive also has the issue but nowhere near as bad. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated as I am missing my wah! Thanks in advance!
    :(

2. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Isn't the Fuzz supposed to go before the wah unless the wah has a fuzz-friendly buffer?

I don't know, not being a fuzz user, but this is what I was taught!

Brian

3. Jam119

Jam119 Member

I have mine before my Budda wah... Running afterwards only allowed a small sweep for my taste as it just sounded like the fuzz thined out with no bass response. I didnt notices any noise levels that would concern me though. Try moving it before the wah - It does have a different vibe though - with SC Pups - it gets more of that Voodoo Child thing but definately retains the low end and allows a wider sweep with scooped mids... Maybe the noise floor will lower in your case.

4. dk_ace

dk_ace Member

I've tried mine both places without any noise issues, but I settled on keeping it before the wah. Give Barber a call. David is a whiz at pinpointing problems, and he's been more than helpful the few times I've needed something.

D

5. Mac-P

Mac-P Member

Dave to the rescue. :D