Barden Tele Bridge PU

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by wescattle, Apr 19, 2015.

1. wescattle

wescattle Member

What do you guys think of the Barden telecaster bridge pickups? I'm thinking about dropping one into my tele that has an antiquity HB in the neck position. I'm unsure about getting the Gatton model or the Modern model. I will mainly be playing out of a JMP 2203 and an AC15. What do you guys think?

2. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

I like the Barden tele pickups. I've had both bridge pickups and they are both excellent. They have a big full range sound. You can make them sound like a tele pickup- or not. You'll find that you use your tone and volume pots a lot with those pickups. Just don't buy them thinking you will have vintage tele tones.

3. wescattle

wescattle Member

I most likely have an incoming danocaster, so my vintage tele tones will be taken care of with a different guitar.

4. oldtelefart

oldtelefart Member

I much prefer the Modern T bridge p/u. Less ice-pick, more mids. Using clean amp settings it's very close to traditional Tele to my ears.
    With a Barden neck unit you get a perfect balance between the two, hopefully you can get the same with the Antiquity HB.

5. Polvo

Polvo Supporting Member

I play a tele through a 71 superlead, I love the bardens, very powerful and clear. They are versatile as well. I play in an original rock band, but I can get awesome acdc, zep and James gang tones if I want.
    I do just have the gattons, can't speak highly enough about these pickups.

6. oldtelefart

oldtelefart Member

Same here. I've had them for about 8-9 years, changed the bridge to Modern T about 2 years ago. I'm not interested in trying anything else, because they suit me perfectly.
    (Not too sure how a Barden bridge p/u would go with a different neck p/u....)

7. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

I'll gladly jump on this bandwagon :). Have had a Barden Modern T bridge and Two Tone in the neck for 5 years now and they sound great! I'm not a classic tele twang guy, but I can dial it in if I choose. Guys above have hit it on the head, full, clear and versatile!

8. saf_1

saf_1 Member

Killer. Great pickups for a Tele, in either position.

9. redeyedjim

redeyedjim Silver Supporting Member

Yet another Barden user here. I love their pickups! I have them on two guitars, including a pair on my Tele-style TelAir travel guitar.

I started out with a Modern T bridge and Tele neck pup set. I liked the Barden Modern T: crisp, very articulate and bright, with more mids than the Gatton version but definitely not mid-heavy, just not as shrill. The clarity has really made me aware of my shortcomings as a player, lol, but in a good way.

A few months ago I decided to convert that guitar to a bridge HB (while also keeping the Barden Tele neck pup). For the new HB, I went with a Barden Two Tone HB, wired with a 4 way Tele switch and two pull pots, one for single coil/HB, the other for switching between .022 and .047 tone cap values. This is a killer setup and gives me just about any tone I might want.

[​IMG]

10. p.j.

p.j. Member

I love the 3 Bardens I have in my Telecaster. They are versatile and wonderful.