• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Basic 4-track recording question

AshlandBump

I'm a recording novice so bare with me . . .

If I have a two-track recorder, like the Zoom H4, would this work?

I record two tracks simultaneously (2 guitars, let's say) with the Zoom and load those tracks onto Cubase 4. I mix both of those tracks into a third track and then load that back onto the Zoom so I can play the mixed track and record an additional (guitar/bass/vocal) track against it into the empty Zoom channel. I load the additional (guitar/bass/vocal) track into Cubase (now track 4), dump the original mix of tracks 1 + 2, and mix 1, 2, and 4 into another mix track (overwriting track 3 or creating a new mix track on track 5). And so on.

Sounds basic but I haven't done it and am wondering if I can create several independent tracks on Cubase this way using the Zoom.

Thanks for any insights.

loudboy

Why don't you just record into Cubase?

Seriously, this will get old REAL fast, and I can't see any valid reason for doing it.

Buy a cheap USB interface and have at it...

Moctzal

I believe that you can simply use the H4 as an interface so you could just record straight into Cubase while you're plugged in to your computer.

From the Samson website:
And by-the-way, it’s also an Audio Interface
Recording directly to your computer has never been easier than with the Zoom H4 Handy Recorder. The H4 is the only portable digital recorder that also serves as your USB audio interface, allowing direct recording of instruments and vocals to your computer. And, if you don’t already have a DAW, that’s okay because every H4 comes bundled with Cubase LE, the perfect 48-Track Digital Audio Workstation for easy editing, mixing and mastering of your recordings on either Windows or Mac.
Together, these features make the Zoom H4 Handy Digital Recorder the most versatile portable recording device ever offered.
http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1901

AshlandBump

Thanks -- I guess it makes sense to go direct-to-computer. I'll give it a try (told ya I was a novice).

Trending Topics