• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

Basic Audio Fuzzes, what are each of them based on/reasonable proximities of?

thrashmetl

What can you tell me, I recently stumbled across these things and can't find much abut them. I know the builder is on here somewhere, but the clips on the site alone are not enough to go off of.

What are each of them based on, or what are they similar to?

Dandy13

I'm not sure I can exactly answer your question but most of them/if not all are silicon transistor based. Many of them feel like a fuzz face but they are a lot more versatile. One of my faves, the Magic Number, can get pretty Muff like. I had one of the tour boxes for a week and they were all awesome pedals, highly recommended

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
What can you tell me, I recently stumbled across these things and can't find much abut them. I know the builder is on here somewhere, but the clips on the site alone are not enough to go off of.

What are each of them based on, or what are they similar to?
How are the clips on the site not enough? They are fantastic clips that really show what each pedal sounds like. AFAIK, most of the BA pedals are unique designs and not clones of other circuits.

basicaudio

Thrashmetl
Take a look at the links and if you have any other questions you can PM me.

Oh, and just to clarify, one of the pedals...the Solar Myth is somewhat fuzz face based but none of the others are. :)

John Lyons

basicaudio

Dorfmeister

I just noticed the post...
I'd say that the Spooky Tooth can cop some of those
Maestro sounds. It's got a few other sounds in there as well
It has a fatter sound in general though, not quite as buzzy.

john

Trending Topics