Basic Audio Throbby tremolo pedal

Discussion in 'Reviews of Pedals and Effects' started by big jilm, Jul 27, 2018.

1. big jilm

big jilm Supporting Member

Here's a quick review of the Basic Audio Throbby. Great pedal!
    " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Crowder, Musicmaster and urQuill like this.
  2. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

Like all the other Basic Audio stuff Ive heard or tried so far - basically, perfect. Good video, too!

big jilm likes this.
  3. big jilm

Thanks! Man, it is a great pedal - more Basic Audio stuff will be coming my way soon.

urQuill likes this.
  4. MHG

MHG Member

I ordered one of these a few days ago, but never received any kind of order confirmation. I also haven't received a response to my message regarding my order status. Is this normal?

5. big jilm

I ordered the Throbby directly from Basic Audio, and had a bit of communication and it was fine. Small shop, so maybe John is busy at the moment? I don’t know. I’ve never heard of any problems with communication or an order.

MHG likes this.
  6. MHG

MHG Member

Ok, so the ordering process is like dealing with a really apathetic Reverb seller. I almost feel like there's a chance I may not have received the pedal had I not reminded him about my order. So you'll get no order confirmation, and you'll have no idea when it'll ship out, but it will turn up eventually......just make sure you remind him to send you one. Hopefully he'll start focusing a bit more on customer service, as an order confirmation, and some kind of shipping info are just basic things you'd expect from even an inexperienced Reverb seller.

But the pedal is amazing! Love it! I was looking for a subtle, organic, tremolo, and it's really perfect for that application. I'm very happy I finally pulled the trigger on this one!

big jilm likes this.
  7. big jilm

Glad you got one! It’s my favorite pedal.

MHG likes this.