Basic question about Pedaltrain 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by PWGuy, Feb 17, 2008.

1. PWGuy

PWGuy Member

2 questions (I'm newer to the electric side of the guitar - no flames please):

1) I'm assuming the Pedaltrain will hold my pedals in place on the board while it is being transported in the softcase?

2) For the new "version" of the Pedaltrain 2, do I need to immediately rip off the velcro, buy some industrial strength, and put that on instead? If so, where can I get that?

2. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

1) yes...it comes with velcro and it works very well. This velcro has trouble sticking to some pedals, boss and digitech for example, because the pedal has rubber backing, but I just peel the rubber backing off and apply the velcro...works great...works too well as it takes a bit of tugging and pulling to get the pedal off the board.
    2)not sure why you would do that...as long as the pedal has the opposite of the board (my board has the hard stuff, pedal has the soft stuff) it should work

3. TDavis

TDavis Member

I'm using an older version of the pedaltrain 2 w/softcase and even have my wah mounted with the standard velcro...I gig every weekend and have no problems with my pedals staying intact on mine.

4. PWGuy

PWGuy Member

ok great, thank you!

5. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

Many of the velcro options have tape that doesn't stick well, or for long, to powder-coated metal (ie: pedals and the board). I just pulled the gooey mess of pedaltrains velcro off my board last night and began a search for another option. If you find your pedals "sliding" around slightly, you will be in the same boat.

3M Dual-lock seems to be the best option I have found. This place has a decent price, but I am still looking. If you go to 3M, they list a few options that work on powder-coat, and the 3540 (first option the site above) is one of them.

6. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

The 3M info is located here, any of the options on the chart that list good LSE bonding are the ones that they say work on powder-coat.

7. PWGuy

PWGuy Member

Well, my new PT2 just came in today and the velcro is not yet added. I didn't know I'd get to do this myself, which is a good thing!

So, since there is no gooey mess, is the recommendation to go straight to the 3m Dual Lock as mentioned above? My thought is I might as well go with the best initially since it will be messy to replace in the future..

Thoughts?

8. boldaslove1977

boldaslove1977 Silver Supporting Member

9. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

10. PWGuy

PWGuy Member

Does Dual Lock work with regular velcro too, besides just itself? Reason I'm asking is if I sell pedals in the future, do I have to worry about pulling the dual lock off the pedal? Or sell as-is, knowing the next person will be able to just throw it on a velcro board.

Thanks guys!!

11. gregory49

gregory49 Member

the velcro that comes with it is plenty strong.