Basic Recording Device

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by lpengineer, Sep 10, 2006.

1. lpengineer

lpengineer Member

I guess I could use a cheapo recording device of somesort, but I was wondering if someone could suggest a recording device? Not looking for anything too expensive. Would like to record myself playing parts of songs to practice over (i.e., something like a solo section). I am not too savy on recording devices and such, any suggestions? any would help! Thanks.

-lp

2. JES1680

JES1680 Silver Supporting Member

I piked up a Tascam DP-01. Very easy to use and around $300.00. I've been impressed by it. I used to have a Roland VS1680 and didn't care for the interface.

3. Tuberattler

Tuberattler Member

I use a $10 mic into my sound card and play through a Fender Vibro-Champ and it records fairly well.

4. scottlr

scottlr Member

If you have a Mac, GarageBand is about the most bang for the buck there is for recording.

5. lpengineer

lpengineer Member

Has anyone tried those Korg PXR4? I will check out the Tascam. Thanks!

6. RobertMiller

RobertMiller Member

I've got a pxr4 but have quit using it since I went to Mac/Garage Band. I recorded a few songs with it and it's a really neat little compact machine. I esp found it useful to practice with - great for a "traveling rig" - the amp simulations are pretty darn good. Let me know if you're interested cause I'm about to list it on the emporium.