Basic Vintage Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by maromad89, Sep 20, 2008.

1. maromad89

maromad89 Member

Hello my friends, which effects do you think are the essential ones when playing classic rock (60s, 70s) and rock-blues (Vaughan, Hendrix, Cream, Allman) and also for vintage-modern tones ala John Mayer, Kenny Wayne Shepherd?

2. Greiginoz

Greiginoz Member

Well I guess you'd be looking at having Wah, OD, Fuzz, Vibe and Delay pedals. I think you'd cover most ground with those. As for vintage tones I reckon it's down to personal taste. The cool thing I reckon with the style you want to play here is that it would all probably fit on a Pedaltrain Mini, with the exception of the Wah to the side. For my 2 cents I think I would go for the following pedals.

Z Vex Wah Probe > Timmy > Keeley Fuzz Head > Lovepedal Vibe > MXR Carbon Copy

I believe 'If you can't nail your tone with a max of 5 pedals you'll never nail it'

Happy pedal shopping

PS I forgot to add a tuner which I don't really count as a pedal, although it might be a squeeze on the PT Mini hahaha. PPS I think I'd go for a Sonic Research Tuner.

3. maromad89

maromad89 Member

Thank you my friend, and what about a TS9? Would it fit this sounds?

Any other suggestions?

4. sixty2strat

sixty2strat Member

an old style amp ...no mv or gain. a tape echo and some type od of od boost. FF clone / Rangemaster or TS style. get an old Thomas wah...Thats it

5. Turiguiliano

Turiguiliano Member

try a DNA virtual tube = SRV

6. Greiginoz

Greiginoz Member

:agree TS9 would fit the bill, OD pedals are most certainly a personal thing. I like the TS9 so many people use it, so you'll never go wrong with it.