Bass Amps: Peavey Basic40 vs Dean Markley K-200B

Hello,

I am a Guitarist/Bassist, started with guitar on a Peavey Vyper modeling amp. It can handle both Guitar and Bass but the amp just isn't made with Bass in mind so the tone isn't all that great and the cab rattles a lot from it.

Just got a nice new bass so I am looking to grab an actual Bass amp. Got my eyes on two used ones, named in the title. The Peavey is a 40 watt and the Dean Markley is a 100. They both seem to have some similar features and the Dean is in better shape but I've heard the Basic 40 is damn near indestructible. I have no idea on the sound qualities of either and was wondering if anyone here has experience with either?

Thank you

Floyd Eye

What will you be doing with this amp?

Personally I wouldn't pay any of my own money for either of them.

What will you be doing with this amp?

Personally I wouldn't pay any of my own money for either of them.
Just a decent at-home bass amp. Not meant to be gig worthy.

Being at-home, it doesn't need to have too much power though, as long as it can produce a nice tone. Any suggestions I could look for used or on the market brand new? Don't want to spend more than 150-200

Floyd Eye

Just a decent at-home bass amp. Not meant to be gig worthy.

Being at-home, it doesn't need to have too much power though, as long as it can produce a nice tone. Any suggestions I could look for used or on the market brand new? Don't want to spend more than 150-200

I can't really comment on the tone, but my suggestion is to play both of those amps and let your ears decide. For your intended use I don't think I would spend a lot. Watch CL for a few days and you'll probably find a good deal on an amp that may be better quality.

Drewboy

For home use, the peavey amps aren't bad at all. Look at used TKO's and KB's. I had a Peavey Basic amp early on. It had one 12 I believe. Worked well for practice and even band practice in a small room. Like Floyd said, there are deals to be had on the used market.

logdrum

40 watts maybe for practice but you can't gig with that outside an acoustic combo without drums. How much is your budget. I would get a Gallien Krueger.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom