Bass cab for guitar??

wallinbb

I need a cab. I found a closed back 1x12 cab (18" x 18" x 14") on consignment for $50 that was said to be a bass cab (it was carpeted in black, with a metal grill). The speaker in it is a Eminence E-M12G.

1. What's the difference between a bass cab and guitar cab?

2. Will this cab work if I swap out the speaker with a guitar speaker (12" ceramic Tone Tubby)?

wallinbb

:munch

Anyone?? I did a search and I know it doesn't work going bass into guitar cab, but am curious as to what structural differences there might be. Any thoughts?

doctord02

With a speaker change you'll be fine. It may not be perfect, but it will do you just fine until you can afford or decide to be picky.

yabasta

i would imagine its the speaker that matters the most.

guitar speakers and bass speakers reproduce sound at different frequencies.

i play a bass cab with a 15 from time to time, but im playing a POG with an octave dropped so i want low end.

its $50 i say get it!

doc

Silver Supporting Member
It'll work fine for guitar. If you play metal and need some pantleg flappin' low end, it'll be better than a guitar cab.

doc

Silver Supporting Member
The only situation where you'd get in trouble in this scenario is a cab that is tuned and ported and you pick a speaker that is REALLY wrong for the cab. In that case you could stress the speaker when you play loud and low. Since you said the speaker is sealed, you're golden.

wallinbb

Wow,

The OP here. I just love this setup. And the ceramic Tone Tubby can really bring it in a 1x12 cab!!

Trending Topics