Bassman Amps

Zim

Ok, I think after years of bouncing around amps and all, I think I want to go back to what I use to play for years. I like it simple and a great platform for my pedals. And Bassman just KILLED in this realm. (plus it was a great back-up for my bass rig if needed, lol)

I use to run a 1965 BF Bassman head in blueish tolex (forget what version) through various 2x12 cabs. And at one point, teamed that head up w/ a SF Bassman 70 w 2x12 cab as well.

Now, i think I want to return to that tone. My question is, should I hunt out a vintage head or find one of these new builds/builders? And if I go new, who?

Who is making a great Bassman Clone now days?

addisonnyle

Silver Supporting Member
I'd say go for a Blackface. I love mine, can't imagine having anything different. Bump for more input, cause I've only used vintage stuff.

smolder

Gold Supporting Member
You can buy a sf or bf for 300 - 600, depending on age and condition. No pro builder can touch that. And you get a great amp.

matchless

Gold Supporting Member
I prefer my blonde,but brought right-you can not lose buying the real thing.the guts were the best of their time and nobody has better now-in fact look at bludotone and you will see old fender parts used (on some of the amps) to get the vibe

Trending Topics

Top Bottom