Bassman/Boogie/Marshall cab with Tokai Love Rocks

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by hans-jürgen, Oct 12, 2006.

1. hans-jürgen

hans-jürgen Member

Here are the threads where I listed the Bluezz Bastardzz band demos with different setups (one of them being the Fender Bassman with the Marshall cab in the picture) and the pickup comparison done with my 1981 Tokai LS120 and Boogie Mark IIB at home.

You can also listen to the playlist with older demos on the Bluezz Bastardzz homepage, here's the site summary in English. And there are pages about my ZZ Top cover band on Myspace, YouTube and Facebook now with live videos, new and remixed demo recordings, band pictures, gig dates etc.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. hans-jürgen

hans-jürgen Member

Recently I uploaded four remixed recordings to our profile. Some of the songs are also available through our playlist on our homepage, but not in this new version. I didn't add new guitar tracks this time like I did with the Indigo Rocks song "Set me free", only polished them a bit with Audacity, because some of them are really old, like "El Diablo" (ZZ Top) which we recorded with two stereo cassette decks back in 1984. "Nasty Dogs & Funky Kings" (ZZ Top) was done in 1995. The newest demos from 2006 are "Run to you" (Bryan Adams) and "Deutsche Läuse" (Herwig Mitteregger). This last one actually is the AC/DC song "Crabsody in blue" for which Herwig Mitteregger wrote great German lyrics. We only used the drummer's head mic for the drum sound on these new ones though, so his bass drum is missing out a bit. :rolleyes:

Here's another "special version", because it's "Nasty Dogs" again, but this time with my '69 Marshall JMP 50 Plexi 2x12" combo over one half of the '71/'72 Marshall cab with ~'76 G12H30 blackback Celestions with 55 Hz cone. By the way, I also used that combination on "Run to you" and "Deutsche Läuse", normal channel with volume on 10, presence somewhere at 5 and treble, middle and bass on 0. The guitar was my '84 Tokai LS60 with Gibson Shaw PAFs.

http://bluezzbastardzz.kilu.de/nastydogs-marshall.mp3

I hope I can record that amp with its own original combo speakers soon (two G12H30 greenback Celestions with 55 Hz cone) and will update this thread then.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  3. Cussion

Cussion Member

I really enjoyed the sound of the Boogie amp!

4. hans-jürgen

hans-jürgen Member

Thank you! So you probably mean the pickup comparison? The remix of "Set me free" from my second band Indigo Rocks (see my other thread) was done with that setup, too (with the self-built 1x12" Thiele cab at bedroom level). I added a rhythm and a slide guitar to the original recording.

5. hans-jürgen

hans-jürgen Member

Been a while, but yesterday I uploaded another song to our Myspace profile, "I'm not finished" by Gus Papas. It was recorded this year in our rehearsal room using the Marshall combo with its original speakers. I plugged the Tokai Love Rock LS60 into the first channel with more gain, so I could turn the master volume down to about 5 while keeping Volume I at 10. The drums were recorded with two overhead mics, another mic for the snare and one for the kick drum. The bass used a preamp as usual that was directly connected to the mixing board and monitored through the PA.

I moved "Thunderbird", too, because we have that song as a live video on our profile now which was done at Hein & Bea's Barn on the isle of Fehmarn in Nov 2007. So the recordings done with the Marshall on Myspace are "I'm not finished", "Run to you" and "Deutsche Läuse". "Nasty Dogs" from 1995 is the Fender Bassman with the Tokai, "El Diablo" is the Boogie and my self-built Strat, "Alte Autos" is the Boogie again with an Ibanez Musician and my Tokai LS60.

Here's most of that gear:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  6. hans-jürgen

hans-jürgen Member

I've uploaded four additional songs to the Bluezz Bastardzz Myspace profile, as all bands can have ten instead of only six now. "Yes we can!" :AOK

Two of them belong to our box of 'car songs' which I've translated to German, i.e. "Sie liebt nicht mich, sie liebt mein Automobil" (originally from ZZ Top) and "GTI-Bluezz" (David Lindley's version of "Mercury Blues"). The other two are pop songs, Steve Miller's "Swingtown" and "Every breath you take" from The Police. They were all done with my self-built Strat (see picture above) except for "GTI-Bluezz" where I used my old Höfner Club 40 with its original neck pickup for slide guitar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010