Bassman.

Zim

Ok guys.

Who makes a great PTP Bassman head? BF and/or Blonde specs?

I have been looking at buying a vintage one, but they have gone way up in price and I would be just as happy w/ a new PTP well made, great sounding NEW one! And not have to worry so much about playing the snot out of it and taking a chance of destroying a vintage piece.

Thanks.

m@2

i've heard Marsh and Gomez "el sonido" are pretty good, but honestly, the originals are built like tanks. I play mine cranked loud, maintenance is the same... just caps every 10+ years and tubes every few years has been my experience.

smolder

Gold Supporting Member
I can't imagine finding a point to point amp new for less than a used 70's sf bassman... At most 400 - 500 bucks.

m@2

yah, definitely hard to beat the value of a silverface bassman. Even the blackfaces can still be bought for around $500-600

Zim

Maybe I was off on my prices a bit? But I was looking at listings on Ebay and they are just nuts.

BF are $1k+ side and Blondes are looking around $2-3K point...??

I do have a lead on a SF Bassman 100. But that is way more than I was looking for...

I will watch for the oldies, but keep checking out new builds too. Mainly kicking my self for letting my '65 Bassman Head and my Early SF Bassman head go about 10 or so years ago. I don't think my tone has been right ever since and just want to go home if you will.

rhythmrocker

1966 Battle of the Bands
Silver Supporting Member
Maybe I was off on my prices a bit? But I was looking at listings on Ebay and they are just nuts.

BF are $1k+ side and Blondes are looking around $2-3K point...??

I do have a lead on a SF Bassman 100. But that is way more than I was looking for...

I will watch for the oldies, but keep checking out new builds too. Mainly kicking my self for letting my '65 Bassman Head and my Early SF Bassman head go about 10 or so years ago. I don't think my tone has been right ever since and just want to go home if you will.
Get a Silver Face; going on eBay now between 500-600. Yes that is high (3 years ago I paid 347.00 plus shipping) BUT check it out. If you don't like the way it sounds, Black Face it, re-cap it, be sure to bias it.

There are a lot of Bassman gurus in the country. Ron Ott did mine and put Power Scaling in it = a monster with KT77's.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom