Battery holder for SPX-900 any experience?

pfrischmann

Hi guys,
My SPX-900 needs a battery replacement. If I'm going through the effort to unsolder the old battery, it seems like it would be worth it to put a battery holder in place. I'm hoping someone knows of a holder that fits without having to jury rig a mount etc...

Thanks!

mourguitars

Platinum Supporting Member
I done mine , it was easy....i ordered off ebay....but i deleted my ebay account after being hacked like 3 years ago, but the seller had it listed as SPX90 battery holder....so check the bay pfrismann

I think i ordered two of them ...ill look Saturday..i just looked at where i thought it should have been...its in a box of parts somewhere , but if you can hold off a day or two ...ill send it to you n/c..

Cool

Mike

mourguitars

Platinum Supporting Member
Good and bad news....I found it, but being shuffled around one of those legs broke off....man !

I also had a solder in battery..same thing...me digging thru looking for stuff gheez...i put them in the same box as my old non working cry babyies , they are heavy, but....i think they came from the battery girl /chick in palm bay Fl ?

I had a joyful moment for a second....then a you gotta be kidding me !

HellraiserJohnny

"How do you define. . Real"? - Morpheus
Gold Supporting Member
I sent mine to AME (Advanced Music Electronics) in CA. They did a bunch of other work on my SPX but they put a generic 3V battery holder like you find in a PC and it works great. $3 for the holder and battery. $15 to put it in. Had the whole power supply re-capped and other repairs while it was there. Whole deal was under $200. Very reasonable. Unit plays like new.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom