BATW Pharaoh Siamese Dream BMP ?

Lullabies

I got this pharaoh pedal and loved it for so long but have stopped using it in favor of a more tight and punchy Malekko Sloika for my main distortion... I would love to find a setting on the pharaoh though for that tight scoopy Big Muff sound from siamese dream (mayonaise, Silverf*** etc) but whenever I mess with the pedal now It never sounds as tight as a NYC Big Muff... is there a setting I am not trying or some eq tips? I have a boss EQ after I barely use too so I could put that in there too.

The Pharaoh isn't really designed for the tight scooped Siamese Dream Big Muff tone, it's lower gain with more mids and more bass and voiced more like a russian big muff than a NYC muff, let alone the IC muff Corgan actually used.

If I had to try do it with the pharaoh, Id have the Fuzz maxed, Hi input, silicon diodes, Highs at minimum and tone at about 1:00 but most of this depends on amp and guitar.

Lullabies

The Pharaoh isn't really designed for the tight scooped Siamese Dream Big Muff tone, it's lower gain with more mids and more bass and voiced more like a russian big muff than a NYC muff, let alone the IC muff Corgan actually used.

If I had to try do it with the pharaoh, Id have the Fuzz maxed, Hi input, silicon diodes, Highs at minimum and tone at about 1:00 but most of this depends on amp and guitar.

Ah ok that makes sense I didn't even try the silicon diode yet... Sucks that it may not be able to get there. Bonus is I guess I could sell it and get a NYC Muff and have money left over. Thanks for the setting tips. I will try them next jam... I have never had the highs below 3 o'clock !!! didn't even think of trying that. Thanks

Last edited:
I have never had the highs below 3 o'clock !!!

The highs control is there to bring the high end back in when the tone control is low, so in theory, with highs at minimum the tone control should be as close as you're going to get to a NYC Big Muff with the Pharaoh, although I don't have mine anymore so this isn't from experience.

Last edited:

KoolThing

You can get scoopier sounds by pointing the tone and highs knobs away from each other (actually, you may enjoy have tone all the way down and highs all the way up). And yes, silicon mode will get you closest. Extremely versatile fuzz--I regret selling mine!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom