Bay Area Cab Re-tolex

mikiedreb

Any recommendations for having a Fender cab re-tolexed
in the SF Bay Area. I'd like to avoid the shipping hassles
if possible to somebody out of state.

ledzep618

Dude, do it yourself. It may sound like its tough but it is literally the easiest amp mod you can do. If you can cut a rectangle and use glue you can do it, and it will look good. And the raw parts from Mojo cost like 25% of what they'll charge for an in house job.

mikiedreb

Dude, do it yourself. It may sound like its tough but it is literally the easiest amp mod you can do. If you can cut a rectangle and use glue you can do it, and it will look good. And the raw parts from Mojo cost like 25% of what they'll charge for an in house job.
.....Short on time, otherwise I'd take a stab at it. Looking for some pro help..

ledzep618

.....Short on time, otherwise I'd take a stab at it. Looking for some pro help..
Fair enough...Mojotones turn around for things like that is not short though. FWIW, I did this cab in a day...took about 6-8 hrs (including drying time) Only about 2 hrs of actual labor time. It was only my second attempt at tolexing something. My first attempt was a small Vibro Champ cab.

corn husk bag

Great job!
Fair enough...Mojotones turn around for things like that is not short though. FWIW, I did this cab in a day...took about 6-8 hrs (including drying time) Only about 2 hrs of actual labor time. It was only my second attempt at tolexing something. My first attempt was a small Vibro Champ cab.

mikiedreb

....very nice job!!!!!....looks professional.

I'm guessing that it's going to take me a minimum of 2 hours just to
strip off the old tolex, sand and prep for the new. I may have to bite
the bullet and make time.....

Trending Topics