Bayou Cables....... Great Cables... Great Customer Service

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ricoh, Aug 16, 2005.

1. ricoh

ricoh Member

Just a quick note about Butch at Bayou Cables. He offers great customer service and a quality product at a good price. Thanks to a Gear Page moderator for steering me in the right direction
    Thanks!!!!!
    Rico

2. Gary Shetler

Gary Shetler Guest

+ 1 for Butch and Bayou ....:dude

And ..... I like the candy, too :D

3. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

I'll second that! I've ordered a couple instrument cables from him, a speaker cable, and a first batch of custom-length pedalboard / patch cables. Great service, great product, great price (cheaper than Lava for the same thing!).

-Ben

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I am totally down with Bayou cables. Over one year now for everything - guitar and speaker cords - and not one hitch, failure or anything to complain about. They sound great and stand up to the use. Very happy paying customer.

5. BFC

BFC Supporting Member

Bayou and nothing but for me!:D

6. THebert

THebert Member

I have two for over a year now. I love them. My kids walk all over them (even though I tell them not to) and they still work great.

7. Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA Member

Hey people,

I ordered a bunch of custom audio cables from Bayou Audio for my 20 space guitar rack system. Butch's cables were well made and has good components. His customer service is very good and he makes sure his customers were happy. I ordered some cables from Bayou Audio and found that they were a bit short due to my fault in estimatin cable size. Butch was kind enough to take the cables back and made me a set that fitted my needs. That's what I call good customer service and Butch will get my business in the future. His hospitality (lagniappe) is very cool. He included some velcro ties and some candies along with my cable orders. I felt like I was a relative of his family, not only a customer!!

Guitar George

8. ChrisP

ChrisP Member

amen.

He was cool to deal with via email. Always fast and curteous. Cables arrived rather quickly. I think he even sent them out prior to getting my M.O.

9. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

+1 Butch is the best. Needed a really quick turn around on 8 40ft cables and got em within 3 days! Just in time for church service awesome!

10. SLG

SLG Member

+1 for Butch and Bayou Cables. I've been completely satisfied with both the instrument and speaker cables I've bought from him. High quality parts and workmanship at good, fair prices along with great customer service.

He must be trying to run a sucessful business or something. :D

11. ryanspeer

ryanspeer Member

GAAAHHHHHH!!! Just when I thought I could live for a few months without buying anything more -- then I hear that he includes candy in his deliveries... how can I resist? :D I really haven't been terribly happen with my PW circuit-breaker cable, and so maybe I can throw that on eBay or something to fund this further madness? :p

You people are both:
    1) killing me; and
    2) driving me to the poorhouse (albeit, with a bunch of cool gear in tow).

12. trucks

trucks Member

+1 and very fast delivery. I love mine.

13. granite

granite Member

Thanks for the heads up! I placed an order today.

14. Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA Member

Hey ryanspeer,

Sorry about giving you G.A.S. when you see everyone's gear. It's hard to resist when you lurk on guitar/guitar gear websites searching for information. I know how you feel and I give in to G.A.S. quite a bit.

Guitar George

15. Den

Den Member

Just throwing in ... Butch and his goods are the goods!

16. Gary Shetler

Gary Shetler Guest

Let's all hope that Butch made it through Katrina with minimal damages! I'm certainly hoping and praying for the best ....

That goes for Vincent Guidroz of New Orleans Guitar Co, and Rob at TrueTone Custom Cabs, as well .....

17. drjenkins

drjenkins Supporting Member

No doubt, Gary. Add Gerard Melancon in there as well.

You didnt get any of the weather from this one did you? We got some heavy wind, and a few tree limbs down, but nothing at all like the coast.

Dave

18. Gary Shetler

Gary Shetler Guest

Dave,

We actually didn't have any effects from that storm, other than some feeder band rain.

I know those Cajuns are tough, so lets just hope for the best!

19. bayoucables

bayoucables Guest

Everything is fine here in Baton Rouge. We lost power for a day and phone and cable just came back on. Thanks for your thoughts.

My ex-wife is from New Orleans and all of her family who are still there lost their homes. We are setting up her elderly aunt and uncle from Slidell in my RV today. I've been down on the Gulf Coast all my life and remember Betsy and Camille very well. This one is far worse than either of them.

20. granite

granite Member

I'm sorry to hear this. My in-laws have a condo right by the zoo and on the Mississippi river in NO and the only damage they received was a cracked window. The are also in one of the few places in NO that is still dry. Police are using the zoo as a staging area for this reason. A lot of Coast Guard activity on the river according to them. What a mess!