• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bayou Cables ???

ricoh

I ordered cables a few years back and the turnaround time was pretty quick. That order was about 15 cables. Two months have passed since I placed my order {4 cables } and still a no show. I have made contact { about 1 month ago } and received an answer. Butch says he is behind. Now I have not received an answer to my inquiry { last week and Today } Any body know what's up???

Brion

Silver Supporting Member
I always had great service and ship times from Butch. Been a while since I ordered from him. Sorry to hear about this issue.

Zuper

Silver Supporting Member
I haven't ordered from him in a while either, but have always had excellent service. I remember once before when he was backed up, but he responded with an estimated delivery time that he stuck to.

guitarwrench

Gold Supporting Member
Same experience here. He is backed up and usually gives you an ETA as he's a one man shop. Once you get them from him, all is forgotten on the turn time. Great cables.

ricoh

Same experience here. He is backed up and usually gives you an ETA as he's a one man shop. Once you get them from him, all is forgotten on the turn time. Great cables.
Yeah, the cables are great and I prefer to give business to a small outfit but.........
I will attempt to contact him once more before making too harsh a judgement.

cadduc

i have ordered bunches of cables, and never a delay
but as a onemanshop myself
i understand that there are times when supply of materials or backlog generally
can put u in a pinch
i only had great experiences with butch

ricoh

i have ordered bunches of cables, and never a delay
but as a onemanshop myself
i understand that there are times when supply of materials or backlog generally
can put u in a pinch
i only had great experiences with butch
I can understand most of that stuff. UPDATE......... Butch says the order is in the mail.

Last edited:

ford

Modz
Staff member
I ordered five patch cables on March 16.

Just asked him for an update. Seems the economy has taken it's toll a bit. He said he has had to take a full time job and is now doing the cables when he gets home.

He isn't taken any more orders right now until he gets caught up.

EL 34 X2

Gold Supporting Member
I ordered from him last year. At the time he said turnaround was "about 2 weeks." Unfortunately, 6 weeks later I still didn't have my order. When I finally got them they were really good quality. But, the wait was way too long based on our initial exchange.

i had to demand a refund today. I ordered 4 cables THREE MONTHS AGO. The refund was mainly because of his extremely poor communication. At first he responded to my emails with ETAs...constantly being pushed back. But eventually he stopped replying to my emails all together.

I'm upset because he had no problem taking my money 3 months ago. I have a sick feeling he's not going to come through. The worst part is that I've got a bad cable I'm forced to use at gigs right now, because I refuse to spend money on another cable since I've already got $110 tied up with butch...

...for god sakes, its JUST CABLES.

ford

Modz
Staff member
Yeah... I'm coming up on three months... for 5 patch cables.....I have a small pedal board sitting here waiting to be wired up.... my order was only around sixty bucks.... and I'm being patient, but I'd also really like to use the board I have sitting around. I don't want to buy five more cables and then have these come in... spares are great, but I already have some mismatched spares......

We'll see what happens.. hopefully soon.

johnzias

Butch needs to hire at least one person, maybe two. I placed my order on March 2. Last week, I said in an e-mail that one month is totally unacceptable, but 3 months is a travesty, especially since you're charged up front. I told him to please credit my CC if he can't get it out in the next week.

Got an e-mail today stating that my order was just shipped.

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
Yah the man is way swamped (also see his website) but I love my Bayou cables!
I got mine a long time back. I put this order in for 8 40 ft cables and I said if at all possible I need them by sat this week (order put in on Tue) and I got them Friday that week! but this was way back when, when he was just getting started.
The cables, now in use for several years are all still great!

Trending Topics