BBB 07 into a Zen

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Glass Onion, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

Would the 2 play well together. I have an RC Boost that would come after. I am in the effects emporium at the moment tryig to work a trade of a Mojo Vibe for a Zen and was wondering what I was in store for with the ZEN. ( Yes I have read all the posts) Does anyone have experience with the Zen and BBB 07 combo.

2. Glass Onion

Anyone tried the 2 together.

3. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I'll try it when I get home and let you know.

4. hawaii5_o

hawaii5_o Member

I'm not sure about the Zen, but I so use a BBB07 into an RC and they play very well together.

I apologize if that wasn't helpful.

5. Glass Onion

Thank you gents.

Yeah I have the BBB 07 going into the RC at the moment and am very happy. I am just wondering if the ZEN is going to mess with the sound, and also what they would sound like stacked. Thanks for the offer to try them out. Do please let me know your feelings on the set up.

6. Glass Onion

jb1911
    Did you get a cahnce to try out the bbb into the Zen or stacking in any order. I have a Zen arriving Tuesday or Wednesday and am very hyped. Even if it doesn't play well with the bbb 07 I still have hopes of using as my grab and go overdrive for small jams and such. You can never have too many OD flavors.

True to form now that I have one onthe way someone says in anohter thread that they did not like it with single coils. :)LOL every time I get enough momentum to get something hailed by all on TGP that is when people start to come around and nay say and talk about the next big thing.:jo

I think I am just going to buy a Dumble and a Klon and be done with it. :eek:

Either that or a Gorilla half stack and a Hondo guitar.

Have a great Sunday folks.

7. webb

webb Member

I just spent some time with my BBB into a zendrive for you.

I have an 05 version of the BBB, should be close though.

Guitar-BBB-zendrive-volume pedal-delay-clean amp.

I kept the drive on the zendrive at about 11 o'clock and switched settings on the BBB.

These stack great together. I was able to go from a nice fuzzy boost all the way to smooth distortion to heavy distortion and total sludge. I think you'll have a lot of fun with those two.

Let us know how it sounds with the RC

8. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Don't listen to the naysayers, my Zendrive sounds great with my Strats and Teles. I agree with what webb says, the Zendrive smooths out the BBB07 and they stack very well together. I think you'll like the combination. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.:) Even this.

Sorry it took me so long to get back on this.

9. what?

what? Member

I use my BBB07 into my mosferatu set low gain and its one of the best fuzz tone that I have ever heard. Not all out fuzz, but elegant high gain OD that feels like fuzz, blooms like a fuzz with fuzzy edges around the note.

10. Glass Onion

I can't wait. Thanks for the help. It just makes the wait that much sweeter.:AOK