BBB07 Users - Love it? How do you use it?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by FireBottle, Oct 7, 2008.

1. FireBottle

FireBottle Member

I got one of these when Sean did his limited run earlier this year. I had been using a London Fuzz that was doing the Fface thing very well for me...the BBB is a bit more intimidating but also more rewarding. I'm slowly getting used to it. It can cover a lot of ground very well so I've decided to make it the only fuzz pedal on my board. The fact that there's no 9V jack doesn't bother me but I wish it had an LED.

Does this get used as your primary fuzz pedal? How else do you use it? (Settings?) Where do you put it in your pedal line-up? (Will I regret selling my London???) Just curious to hear from other BBB users - I know there are lot of fans out there...

2. jb1911

jb1911 Member

You can use it for just about anything you want to, from light OD to raging germ type fuzz with tonebender sounds in the middle. It is the only fuzz you need. With the BBB and ScrewDriver on my board, I'm covered. I've had the BBB on my board for quite a while now and it is still King of the hill. Many have tried and failed to knock it off.

3. 4styx

4styx Member

I use it with a Les Paul into a Hot British with the gain almost off into the BBB07.Best sound I've ever had.Left Knob 9:00,center knob 3:00 ,right knob 11:30.Does Zep,Mountain,UFO and great cleans with the guitar's vol control.:AOK

4. FireBottle

FireBottle Member

Thanks...I've tried looking up some stuff on TGP and other online sources and there isn't much. Since mine came w/out 'instructions' can you tell me what the knob arrangements are? The only diagram for settings I've found shows different knob arrangements. (Master Vol at top, Driver & Blend on Left & Right)...Unless I'm a total idiot, my MV/Level is on the left...I'd love a little guidance here on what settings to try out...thanks 4Styx!

5. FireBottle

FireBottle Member

6. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

Interesting...I went from an amazing example of an early BBB to an early London Fuzz and couldnt be happier. Granted the clean up isnt as '' sweet '' sounding as the BBB but it has more gain and crunch. Also, the BBB'07 is a hybrid germanium/silicon, the London is all germanium.

I would set up my BBB to sound like my friend's '66 Arbiter Fuzzface - gain and bias at 3' o clock and volume at 1'o clock.

7. aaronblues

aaronblues Supporting Member

Hey that's my email! I guess now i'm officially a "gear expert" cuz i been quoted. :phones

BBB is a great fuzz tho, seriously. I still am shocked at just how much you can do with those three knobs. I still can't forget pulling it out to use in a rough "treble booster" setting for recording. My amp was fairly cooking, and a COT was too hot. I needed something that could just distort my tone a touch more with out blowing my head off with a volume boost. The BBB worked perfectly, and i just can't think of many FUZZ pedals that could fill that role in a pinch.

cheers to Sean

8. macmeda

macmeda Silver Supporting Member

My volume on my BBB07 has to be past 12:00 for unity. Is that normal?

9. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

And you havent tried the sunlion? :huh

10. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I don't know what you mean. I've had a Sunface and a Beano Boost, so I guess I have tried a Sunlion. I prefer the BBB07.

I found this:

[​IMG]

11. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Cool.. its one the pedals I have always wanted to try. The screwdriver, bbb07, bjf ppf, and the sunlion ( beano, sunface ) are all hybrid fuzz pedals that are a bit similar in that there is a fuzz circuit and another transitor stage of some kind. I think the dam dragonfly is too.