BBE Green Screamer?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Trego, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Trego

Trego Member

I realize that this pedal is a TS type clone. My friend really likes it, and I am not sure why. Anyone own or have owned one? What's your take on it?

What would you get if you don't like this pedal?

2. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Supporting Member

Yes, it's a TS clone, but it's gotten some good reviews. I have three BBE pedals, the Orange Squeezer clone, the silicon Fuzz Face clone, and the Boosta Grande (like an MXR Microamp, but true bypass, like all of the BBE's). I don't know why these pedals don't get more reviews here, I think they're all great. I'm looking for a good used Green Screamer, but haven't found one yet.

Al

3. vintage66

vintage66 Member

GC had'em on sale for $69 at the 4th of July sale I believe. I didn't try one since I'm happy with my Maxon 808, but maybe the Labor day sale you could grab one.

4. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Supporting Member

That's a pretty good price, but I've gotten all of my BBE pedals from Ebay, for $26-$40!. They're all in new condition, the Free Fuzz came in MINT condition from a Pawn Shop in L.A. where I live, it was still in the plastic wrap in the box with the adapter, and I picked it up at the shop and didn't even pay shipping! I'm still looking for the Green Screamer on the Bay, just haven't scored one yet. Thanks for the head's up, though.

Al

5. Ming Chow

Ming Chow Senior Member

It is a nice little ts clone. It doesn't have that big of a mid-range hump either. But, I found mine to be quiet compared to a Ibanez TS9 and a Fulltone Fulldrive 2.