BBE pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cary Chilton, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

I heard that the boost pedal is killer -as good as the Keeley Katana but much cheaper. Has anyone tried the BBE pedals?

:munch

2. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

The Mind Bender chorus is quite good. Not subtle, but in a good way. The Green Screamer is also quite good, particularly for the $$

3. brianf

brianf Member

Crusher does the H/D Overdrive quite well and the Sonic Maximizer is almost an industry std. (Well almost).

brianf

4. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

Anyone try the boosta?

5. localmotion411

localmotion411 Supporting Member

I have a Sonic Stomp on my board, have for a while, and really like what it does, particularly at loud volumes in a band context.

6. djinn1973

djinn1973 Member

I was surprised at how clean (transparent) it was, and very inexpensive. Not what I was looking for at the time, but to my ears a great pedal, lots of bang for the buck.

7. jdawg666

jdawg666 Member

Haven't tried the Katana but owned the Boosta. It was alright.

8. Grandnoise

Grandnoise Member

They have an interesting looking delay on the way.

9. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

I liked the sonic stomp. It seems to give everything a little more presence or jangle, especially for cleans.

10. ahcleinad

ahcleinad Member

i have the boosta grande and i have it on 99% of the time to thicken up my tone. it is really transparent.

11. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

I had a free Fuzz, nothing wrong with it just not for me I traded to try other gear. Definitely quality units though, true bypass, metal cases, cheap I like their stuff would definitely buy from them again. The two timer looks cool, as well as the mind bender.

12. 155

155 Supporting Member

sonic stomp cool pedal adds that little extra sweetness to you sound

13. Jwoo

Jwoo Member

I have the Boosta Grande. I too would say it's very transparent. It might add just a TINY bit to make it sound a little fatter, or maybe that would happen anyway as volume increases. I enjoy it, and I got it very cheap. I do wish it was a tad bit smaller, but no complaints.

14. rongtr

rongtr Member

I have a Boosta Grande as well. It's a very versatile pedal, and I use it to boost my leads at time. I've even used it to add more gain to an amplified banjo!

15. aziltz

aziltz Member

i have a good bit of their pedals. haven't tried the boosta grande yet, but i've got a free fuzz (silicon FF), freq boost (GREAT), Mind Bender (AWESOME), Acoustimax and Opto Stomp. I'm going to pick up a Two Timer for my acoustic soon. quality, affordible gear! i hope they keep making more stuff. its really easy to get them off ebay, new, but for less than list.

16. The Whale

The Whale Supporting Member

I have the Free Fuzz and the Freq Boost and I have come to really like them both. The Free took some time, as it was my first fuzz and i was trying to use it in front of a clean amp. once i threw a TS or something after it, even with just a titch of gain, it made the fuzz SOOOO much more usable. Great with the strat. The Freq Boost is a Rangemaster of sorts, and for 1/4 of the cost of a Beano (which i can't deny is the gold standard), it kicks your neck pickup Les Paul + overdrive into gloryland. great pedal.

17. storm319

storm319 Member

The pedal out of this series worth buying is the Boosta Grande. I have a/b tested it vs the MXR Micro amp, MXR/CAE Boost, Heavy Electronics Push, Fuchs Plush Pure Gain, and Fulltone Fat Boost and I liked this the best. It doesnt really add that highend sparkle like most boosts, but the way it breaks up the amp was by far the best out of the lot. The only boost I like better is the Zvex boost side of the Box of Rock.

18. aziltz

aziltz Member

there's more than just that. the Mind Bender (VB-2/Blue Hippo), Two Timer (DM-2) are very versatile.

the only pedals not worth buying are the standard clones, green screamer and whatever the metal pedal is called.

19. flcmcya

flcmcya Silver Supporting Member

Mindbender and Two timer in my loop works for a little something extra when needed.....Mindbender will do some cool, old school hippy stuff...
    sorry .......quick flashback.. :hiP

20. Uma Floresta

Uma Floresta Senior Member