BBE Sonic Stomp, Hearing good things about it!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Dec 17, 2005.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I've been hearing good things about this pedal, and it's only $99.00. Should I pick one up? HUMMM...

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

2. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Has anybody tried this pedal on this forum?

3. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Supporting Member

It makes the highs clearer & more sparkly & tightens up the bass. It is the perfect pedal at the end of the chain to fill in what the rest of your pedals have taken away.

It works great for either humbuckers or singlecoils, TBP too...

4. DiazDude

DiazDude Member

:RoCkIn Outstanding value. I love it!! You cannot spend $99 more wisely. As noted..use it last in line. Your sound will have a more musical voice no matter what amp you use(I use Diaz & Soldano). I have the stereo rack mount version(882i) in my Mackie PA and thats another incredible product!!
    :dude :dude

5. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I've been hearing that this is the sleeper pedal of the year. I am going to pick one up very soon.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

6. Elliott Damage

Elliott Damage Member

7. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I don't know what technology it uses. But some real pedal crazed geeks love this one. They say it makes everything sound better, and more clear, and punchy.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL

8. TFR

TFR Member

I guess it's a matter of preference, your rig, and the music you play. I was told it was like taking a blanket off your amp. I took it home for a trial one night and promptly returned it the next day. I can see where it would be useful in certain situations but I couldn't see myself leaving it on all the time and I didn't want an extra pedal to worry about. Plus, I kinda like the sound of my blanket. :)

9. sosomething

sosomething Member

I think BBE products sound great in many studio situations for boosting clarity or sub-bass without compromising EQ settings too much, but I've never been a fan of one when used with a live guitar rig. To me, it makes everything sound very one-dimensional and hi-fi - sort of like having a 30-foot presence knob turned all the way up. To each his own, though.

10. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

I purchased an 882i (since it runs at +4) to put in the effects loop of my Soldano SLO-100 and was disappointed in it. It actually thinned out the tone of the head. I always used one (442) with my other rigs and loved the results but for some reason it did not work well with th SLO...oh well...maybe I should try the pedal!!!

11. rockon1

rockon1 Member

I find the extra processing of the BBE annoying sounding and unnecessary. Ive got one that stays in the closet. Occassionaly Ill use it sparingly for recording purposes... Thumbs down in my book.