• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

bbe supa charger or voodoo labs PP2

which would you recommend and why...bbe supa charger or voodoo lab PP2

• bbe supa charger

• voodoo lab PP2

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
The BBE supa charger and the voodoo labs pedal power II look like they have similar features...isolated power...very close...the BBE is $20 cheaper and more importantly much smaller than the PP2...it also gets a better rating on MF...so what differences if any are you aware of???

M@tt C

Silver Supporting Member
I don't believe the BBE has the "voltage sag" feature that the PP2 has.

I looked at both, and ultimately went with the PP2 only because I knew it would fit under my new Pedaltrain board.

vintage66

I think they are about the same size-I have both because I got a steal on the Supa Charger. It doesn't have the sag controls but half the power cables are right angled, which is nice.

enocaster

There was a thread awhile back comparing them. The Voodoo Lab folks claimed the BBE is a ripoff of the PP2 design, only made overseas with inferior components to keep the cost down. The PP2 is made in the USA and is an original design AFAIK.

MattChicago

I just got a Supacharger today, I can't say I have too much experience with it, but it is solid as a rock and overall looks like a great piece of gear. I can deal with the lack of the sag feature on the PP2, I don't know anyone who uses this feature anyway.

skyn

I just got a PP2+ yesterday, no comments on the BBE cause I've haven't had experience about it, but what I can say is that after deliberating about spending so much money on a power supply (about 4 months, have been surviving using a 1Spot for 8 pedals so far), my money spent on the PP2+ is by far the best buy I've ever had.

bulbasaur_85

I scored a bbe supacharger on craigslist and it definitely quieted down my rig compared to the DC brick I was using previously. Like someone said before, it comes with all right angle plugs which is nice. The pp2+ uses straight plugs. That was enough for me to go with the BBE. But on the other hand, the pp2+ has that extra outlet too. Both are good you can't possibly go wrong.

Zelja

Silver Supporting Member
The Supa Charger has a 120V-240V switch & I needed that. I also got it for $95 new & the 240V Voodoo Labs were going for $200 - made my decision easy. The BBE hasn't skipped a beat & I use the 16V output (2 outputs switchable) to power a radial switchbone which is looking for 15VDC - works fine.

That said, the Voodoo pedal is an industry standard & you can't go wrong, especially if you don't need the 240VAC switch.

Sikor

The BBE supa charger and the voodoo labs pedal power II look like they have similar features...isolated power...very close...the BBE is $20 cheaper and more importantly much smaller than the PP2...it also gets a better rating on MF...so what differences if any are you aware of???
I have BBE, but for 20$ more I would take PP2.

But why You think BBE is smaller than Voodoo?
They almost the same size.

dosmun

I bought a BBE when they first came out for $99. Great price for a cool product. It has been great for me so far.

skyn

They didn't have the BBE where I'm at anyway =/ Was close to getting a Fuel Tank Junior too tho, in my opinion, its much better value for money too!

rastaman

I have a BBE and could not be happier. If I had to do it all over I again ( I have a different wireless now that requires more 300Ma rather that the 200Ma that the BBE puts out at 9VDC ) I'd look for one that suited all of my needs.

hb_nz

The Supa Charger has a 120V-240V switch & I needed that. I also got it for $95 new & the 240V Voodoo Labs were going for $200 - made my decision easy. The BBE hasn't skipped a beat & I use the 16V output (2 outputs switchable) to power a radial switchbone which is looking for 15VDC - works fine.

That said, the Voodoo pedal is an industry standard & you can't go wrong, especially if you don't need the 240VAC switch.
Where did you find the supa charger for that price? The Voodoo Labs is $400 over here and no-one brings in the BBE.

Zelja

Silver Supporting Member
Where did you find the supa charger for that price? The Voodoo Labs is $400 over here and no-one brings in the BBE.
That was a US ebay auction, "make an offer" deal - cost another $50 or so to get it into the country but still way, way cheaper than buying a Voodoo Labs local or from Singapore (this was also when our dollar was at US$0.95). We get gouged for gear, don't we!!

skyn

I got my PP2+ from Singapore at SGD$330 cause I had a friend in the music shop, otherwise it'd be retailing for SGD$380 - a hefty price no doubt

Jwoo

Some of the voltage options are a little different on the SC. I can't power my Nova Delay from my SC, but I believe a PP2+ will do it.

And yes, the sag feature is also an obvious one.

If you don't need any of those, go with the SC. I've had it for a year, no probs.

Trending Topics