BBE Two Timer thoughts?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by padavis, Aug 26, 2008.

1. padavis

padavis Supporting Member

Anyone played one of these yet? I want one. They are at a good price and seems like a good idea.
    Anyways, if you have played one tell me about it please?
    Thanks dudes,
    Patrick

2. shngn7

shngn7 Member

I'm curious as well. I needed a nice analogue delay for a gig and didn't have time to drive out to my favorite guitar shop which I know has them and had to settle for Guitar Center and got a Carbon Copy. It's nice but I am still quite curious about the Two Timer and still have time to return the Carbon Copy....

3. Wesman61

Wesman61 Supporting Member

I'm curious too.

4. Wesman61

Wesman61 Supporting Member

5. duanesworld

duanesworld Member

I just tried one for the first time today and my initial feeling is that I like it. It is very warm and total echoplex sounding. the only thing missing would be a longer delay time. very full sounding. excellent slapback. I haven't tried it with my setup but thats my initial feeling. hope it helps.mike

6. MikeNiteRail

MikeNiteRail Member

Bump...does it really sound like the Boss DM2? I loved my DM2 for recording and miss it (live I like something that cuts more).

7. Uma Floresta

Uma Floresta Senior Member

I got the TT yesterday - I'm not disappointed. The two delay time switch is great for varying your slapback setting, and it can work as a switch between slapback and longer delay, if you balance the repeats just right.

The tone is very warm, and ideal for that Sun Sessions Elvis Presley slapback sound. The adapter they sent with it added some hiss - it actually has no hiss using my Dunlop Juicebox. The oscillations sound very nice as well, and having two delay time settings is fun in that application too.

The total delay time is fairly short, but long enough for most applications, probably. I suppose you might be able to squeeze out some more time if you replaced on of the delay time pots with a larger value pot, or added a resistor in series. I'm sure the fidelity would go down, but I like that.

The tone on this is just great, exactly what I was looking for. Based on a Boss DM-2, according to the manual.

8. MikeNiteRail

MikeNiteRail Member

Bump for more thoughts. I like the idea of a cheaper Boss DM-2. Dark is good for me.

9. blood5150

blood5150 Member

Can it do the awesome DM-2 occillation?

awesome occillation... say that 3 times fast....

10. Uma Floresta

I've never played a DM-2, but the Two Timer's oscillation is pretty damn cool. I'll record a clip when I can.

11. flcmcya

flcmcya Silver Supporting Member

I have one and like the seperate times.....but a seperate mix control would have been awesome....

12. Uma Floresta

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7267432

A quick and dirty demo. First slap back, then the longest delay time, and from there into self-oscillation. Toward the end I use the Time1/Time2 switch during the oscillation so you can hear what that sounds like. It's an abrupt change between too oscillating pitches when I do that.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  13. WesKuhnley

WesKuhnley Member

I love this pedal...this is the way an analog delay should sound, not bright and clinical like a carbon copy...

14. Uma Floresta

I haven't tried the CC, but that was my impression from the clips.