BBOD like pedal?

porsch8

Anyone find a pedal that sounds like a BJF BBOD?? I really miss that little guy that i stupidly sold :jo

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Gold Supporting Member
My BJF Mighty Blue:

Custom one off two channel Baby Blue.
Actually it sounds like two Baby Blues!!! :dude

playon

Silver Supporting Member
I sold mine too. The HB is the next closest thing but it's a different sound, the BBOD is one of a kind. I miss it but I liked the HB a little better for what I'm doing.

fast ricky love

Gold Supporting Member
I A/B'd my BBOD when I had it with my Eternity. I thought they were pretty similar depending on how you set the E, so I sold the BBOD.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Gold Supporting Member
I A/B'd my BBOD when I had it with my Eternity. I thought they were pretty similar depending on how you set the E, so I sold the BBOD.
:messedup
I've got them both on my board right now and they don't sound anything at all alike in my rig. The eternity has more gain, is brigther and has an edgier more aggressive sound and is more compressed. The Baby Blue is fatter, more dynamic and sweeter on the top end. Love 'em both, but they don't sound the same in my book.

tonecrazy

:messedup
I've got them both on my board right now and they don't sound anything at all alike in my rig. The eternity has more gain, is brigther and has an edgier more aggressive sound and is more compressed. The Baby Blue is fatter, more dynamic and sweeter on the top end. Love 'em both, but they don't sound the same in my book.

I have the E and sold my BBOD. The BBOD has way more midrange. Too much mid for my current amp and M speakers. Might have kept it if I had H speakers but I love the scumback m75's. Midrange in those speakers is amazing. As far as the BBOD replacement, it is the fatest pedal I have heard. I actually got a BB preamp from xotic to come really dang close by using the eq on the pedal.

Blues Lyne

I've been wondering the same thing lately. I am selling off some pedals to buy a guitar, and the going rate for a BBOD could help out a lot. However, I love the BBOD as a solo boost and I'm afraid I'll regret getting rid of it. Some of my other pedals can give me the same type of fat singing solo tones when pushing my varidrive, but the BBOD has this clarity and dynamics that the others lack.

tonecrazy

I've been wondering the same thing lately. I am selling off some pedals to buy a guitar, and the going rate for a BBOD could help out a lot. However, I love the BBOD as a solo boost and I'm afraid I'll regret getting rid of it. Some of my other pedals can give me the same type of fat singing solo tones when pushing my varidrive, but the BBOD has this clarity and dynamics that the others lack.
The question is do you play it enough to justify owning it? If you play it, keep it. I never really played mine so I sold it. I would have liked to have kept it but I bought something else that I use all the time now.

Blues Lyne

The question is do you play it enough to justify owning it? If you play it, keep it. I never really played mine so I sold it. I would have liked to have kept it but I bought something else that I use all the time now.
Right, and I do use it a lot. However, if there is something else out there that comes close enough for me to like it just as well, I could most likely make the change and have some money left over to put toward the guitar purchase.

porsch8

Right, and I do use it a lot. However, if there is something else out there that comes close enough for me to like it just as well, I could most likely make the change and have some money left over to put toward the guitar purchase.
I don't think i'd want to pay $500 for one of these. Considering i bought it for like 175, sold for 300...can't do it for $500 this time around..plus the paint easily sheds off

I'd be curious about the BB preamp though with the right settings.

Blues Lyne

I don't think i'd want to pay $500 for one of these. Considering i bought it for like 175, sold for 300...can't do it for $500 this time around..plus the paint easily sheds off

I'd be curious about the BB preamp though with the right settings.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as if I was trying to sell mine to you. Just saying that this is why I'm also curious about other pedals that may get close to the BBOD' tone and feel. I haven't decided if it's worth selling it yet. The money looks good, but I'm afraid I'll find myself regretting it down the road, like you do.

Trending Topics