1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

BC108 fuzz face with BASS BOOST mod. Convert it back to normal specs?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by soma89, Feb 26, 2012.

1. soma89

soma89 Member

Would it be possible? I`m a newb at this but does it look like there`s anything in here that might provide that bass boost that i can remove to make it more like an average bc108 FF?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

Looks like a 103 (.01) green output cap, that is actually less bassy than the normal .1 used on silicon.

So I guess it's one of the electrolytic caps. blue or green but I can't see the values. one should be 22uF, the other 2.2uF. Good luck!

3. ElectricWarrior

ElectricWarrior Member

Actually the silicons used mostly 0.01µF, like the germaniums, though I've seen a couple with 0.047µF and one with 0.22µF output caps.