BC108 Sunface question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Windup 43, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

Just got one of these (used) and LOVE how it sounds, but a quick question. There's an Analogman business card wedged between the circuit board and pots that says "do not remove". Also, the volume pot seems tough to turn at the lowest/highest settings. Just wondering if the card is supposed to be there, seems kind of strange- my Pep. Fuzz doesn't have this...

2. TheLemon

TheLemon Senior Member

I believe some of his fuzzes come with that card so no worries there. Its probably best if you don't remove it though; it might act as a shield aka pcb standoff. Enjoy!

3. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Don't know about the pot deal but the business card is supposed to be there...don't take it out.

4. MoPho

MoPho Pho Shizzle

Boys, when the card says "Do not remove", it doesn't mean take it out to clean between your teeth :p. Leave it be.

Does that pot happen to turn the pedal off? I'm wondering if the resistance you are getting doesn't perhaps indicate it is an on-off version.

5. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

Not sure what the pot problem could be. If it was an on/off version, the fuzz pot will click off when turned all the way counterclockwise. However, since you're having an issue with the volume pot, that kind of rules that out. Maybe now you know why they sold it to you!

I'm sure analogmike can fix up anything that might need tweaking! :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  6. Windup 43

The card was never removed, when I opened it up it was in there so all's good. The volume pot works fine, its just a bit hard to turn on the lowest/highest settings.

7. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

lol. I was afraid somebody would quote me before i edited my post. Yeah, the card is supposed to be there on all his fuzzes. I always assumed it was there to keep anything from shorting out but i dunno.

No idea on the volume pot thing. My NKT 275 and BC108 Sunfaces both have the same resistance throughout the travel of the pot taper. If it works fine then I guess i could live with it.

8. Windup 43

It's all good :D And thanks for all the help/quick responses- love this place :)

9. Windup 43

No, it just turns the volume completely off.

10. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member Vendor

I think the resistance is there because the knob was put on too low, so it's touching the case. There is a little flat-head set screw on the knob, loosen it up a touch and raise the knob a bit. You can stick a business card under the knob to get the right clearance (one that does not say DO NOT REMOVE on it, preferably).

Good luck!

11. Windup 43

Lol, thanks Mike!