Be careful buying from Prymaxe

ronin4hire

I love their sales (especially their holiday sales) and past 10 years I've bought two amps and a dozen pedals. I've never had issues with them.
Until this black friday sale- I bought a silver archer from them and when I opened it, it was dented. I sent them an email saying I'd like either a replacement or a refund.
For some reason they made me send them a video of the pedal, then said "As per our technical team, this is not a factory defect. The warranty only covers manufacturing defects"
Am I missing something? their website says 45 day guarantee if you're not 100% satisfied. It seems like false advertising.
I know the times are tough with Covid and they must be hurting too, but I haven't experienced this kind of online customer service in recent years. Did they change ownership or outsourcing customer support? Did anyone have experience like this with them?

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
Wait, you got your pedal shipped to you WITHIN the 45 day period ???
I thought their latest was to delay shiment until the 100% send-back had expired (it started from the time you paid).
.... or was that last years' Prymaxe beef?

I just don't use them, if at all possible.

offthiscentury

Silver Supporting Member
I've bought "new" from them before and received a clearly used item. I think that is to be expected when running a business that deals with often returned items like effects. They would be getting killed financially if they had to sell every single returned item as used/demo. Though, how they stay in business with their near constant sales is beyond me. Not weighing in on whether that's right or wrong, just is.

jddub440

I know I might possibly get chastised here but that's why I always buy from guitar center whenever possible.....if I have a problem I march the product right back into the store and I've never had an issue with exchanges the dozen or so times I've had to do it. Also recently I bought an EQD Aqueduct from GC that was supposedly brand new. I waited and got the Labor Day savings. Then when I opened the box I could see that they had used it for a floor model demo, it just had a few little imperfections but it was enough to bother me. I took it back and asked if I could get an actual new one or another discount and they gave me more money to take it back home!!! And of course the pedal works absolutely fantastic.
I am sorry to hear about Prymax jerking you around. I hope they will come to their senses and help you with your issue!

ronin4hire

Are you positive you didn't buy a Demo unit? This recent Black Friday sale page had many many Demo units and they don't do a great job differentiating the Demos from the Brand New items.
I'm positive. warning sticker was still on the 9v socket

ronin4hire

I know I might possibly get chastised here but that's why I always buy from guitar center whenever possible.....if I have a problem I march the product right back into the store and I've never had an issue with exchanges the dozen or so times I've had to do it. Also recently I bought an EQD Aqueduct from GC that was supposedly brand new. I waited and got the Labor Day savings. Then when I opened the box I could see that they had used it for a floor model demo, it just had a few little imperfections but it was enough to bother me. I took it back and asked if I could get an actual new one or another discount and they gave me more money to take it back home!!! And of course the pedal works absolutely fantastic.
I am sorry to hear about Prymax jerking you around. I hope they will come to their senses and help you with your issue!
Thanks! the pedal still works so it's not a 100% loss. And their last email was more or less a middle finger. I'm just shocked they have worse service than shady vendors on amazon. Even those will take returns on defective goods. I'll just take my business somewhere else from now on. Their loss.

bluesuede

You mean you don't spend your money at mom and pop shops with inconvenient hours, high prices, and unfriendly owners? You should be ashamed of yourself and leave TGP immediately!

I would support GC if only they stocked the stuff I'm interested in at the stores near me. I hope their reorganization enables them to invest in inventory. I generally prefer brick and mortar to online, but brick and mortar often leaves you with little choice.

ronin4hire

I've bought "new" from them before and received a clearly used item. I think that is to be expected when running a business that deals with often returned items like effects. They would be getting killed financially if they had to sell every single returned item as used/demo. Though, how they stay in business with their near constant sales is beyond me. Not weighing in on whether that's right or wrong, just is.
I agree that profit margin's probably slim after 25% off, and I don't have issue with them selling demo products. I just think they shouldn't advertise "45 day returns" and "2 year warranty" if they won't honor it. If they just said "sold as is, no refunds", I'd been ok with it.
From now on, I rather pay extra 10 bucks and go to an honest vendor.

ronin4hire

I agree that profit margin's probably slim after 25% off, and I don't have issue with them selling demo products. I just think they shouldn't advertise "45 day returns" and "2 year warranty" if they won't honor it. If they just said "sold as is, no refunds", I'd been ok with it.
From now on, I rather pay extra 10 bucks and go to an honest vendor.
And like I said, I bought a "NEW" item, not a demo

InkStained

I got a DOD Rubberneck from them at a great price -- basically 60% off street -- but I would be careful buying from them at anything approaching normal prices.

That was my sole experience with them.

pup tentacle

Gold Supporting Member
I've bought several pedals there during big sales, but it's been a couple years. They must've seriously gone downhill according to what I'm reading so far, because I never had anything but good luck and fast shipping from that place.

philamag87

Gold Supporting Member
I ordered a Dunlop CAE wah with 25% off for black Friday. The only thing they didn't do was tell me my order shipped. I was about to email them when I decided to check my order, lo and behold, the pedal was in route scheduled for delivery the next day. The pedal that arrived was brand new. Great wah BTW!

I did have one issue with Prymaxe and not sure it's big issue. I ordered a pedal, didn't like it, returned it a week later. I never checked to see when they refunded my money. A couple months later I noticed a refund on my credit card. I use the chat feature with Prymaxe to explain the situation to ask why it took so long for the refund. The response was along the lines of "you got your refund right?". Outside of this minor issue, I've had good experiences with Prymaxe.

Trending Topics