Be careful buying from Prymaxe

Coiled

I purchased a pedal from them that was supposedly in stock when I ordered it. It wasn't, and they blamed their faulty system (which should be their problem, not mine. ) So, my money wound up being in Limbo for a couple of months. I was patient but after a month or so decided to call them on the phone. They were incredibly rude and it seemed to me that this type of thing happens all the time.

It was a Mojohand pedal, and if I had ordered directly from Mojohand (which they had in stock) it would have been the same price as the Pryemax "discounted " price. It wasn't a discount at all, and I would never go through that again to save a few bucks. If you value your sanity, leave pryemax alone. They will drive you crazy.

One last thing, you don't want your money to go to "Pryemax Limbo" I asked to get my money back so I could order directly from MojohandFX and they told me I could only get store credit. I was forced to wait months.

Last edited:

frisco

Silver Supporting Member
It might be worth it to check with the builder, to see if they actually have anything on order, before placing an order with Prymaxe. Most of the waiting is for Prymaxe to either hit a minimum quantity for the best price break or just make the minimum order quantity. They are pretty clearly selling items they don't have.

TedJames

There are people who buy direct from Prymaxe rather than via Reverb?

Gonna file this one under “the good Lord helps those who help themselves.”

cr8

Today I received this in my mailbox

Just an ripped, empty thin USPS envelope
with a sticker saying damaged/no contents

I contacted Prymaxe and they said they aren't responsible and I should contact the police

I made a claim through PayPal

It honestly looks like nothing has been in the envelope before, it was supposed to be the J Rockett Clockwork

Quad4

I contacted Prymaxe and they said they aren't responsible and I should contact the police

Nope. They can file a claim with USPS, not you.

You can tell paypal and/or your credit card company that you never received the goods and get your money back.

troutmask

I have purchased several stomp boxes and other stuff from Pryemax in the past and just recently ordered a Source Audio Spectrum Filter pedal from them through Reverb.com (thankfully). When I received the shipment they had shipped me a Source Audio Collider pedal by mistake. I told them and asked for an RMA and an immediate refund since they made the mistake. Their reply:
'Sorry for the trouble, and we don't have a Spectrum pedal in stock and there is no exchange and return policy, so can we provide you RMA and label for refund?'
Even though by rights they should be willing to refund my purchase price immediately, I was willing to wait until they received it. I mean, what the hell else could I do? Two days after Fedex tracking indcated they had received the pedal with no confirmation that it was received from Pryemax, I asked them about my refund and was told

"Hi,

It will be processed soon.

Regards,
Mohsin

Really nice response there Prymaxe! Still waiting and if I don't get a refund in another two days, I am reporting them to Reverb. I get the strong feeling that these are not the same guys I have been working with through the years by the names of the respondents in messages on Reverb and I will probably never go near them again once I get this settled....
Buyer Beware!!~~

Quad4

I have purchased several stomp boxes and other stuff from Pryemax in the past and just recently ordered a Source Audio Spectrum Filter pedal from them through Reverb.com (thankfully). When I received the shipment they had shipped me a Source Audio Collider pedal by mistake. I told them and asked for an RMA and an immediate refund since they made the mistake. Their reply:
'Sorry for the trouble, and we don't have a Spectrum pedal in stock and there is no exchange and return policy, so can we provide you RMA and label for refund?'
Even though by rights they should be willing to refund my purchase price immediately, I was willing to wait until they received it. I mean, what the hell else could I do? Two days after Fedex tracking indcated they had received the pedal with no confirmation that it was received from Pryemax, I asked them about my refund and was told

"Hi,

Regards,
Mohsin

Really nice response there Prymaxe! Still waiting and if I don't get a refund in another two days, I am reporting them to Reverb. I get the strong feeling that these are not the same guys I have been working with through the years by the names of the respondents in messages on Reverb and I will probably never go near them again once I get this settled....
Buyer Beware!!~~

Other than them not processing the return within 2 days of receipt, their actions seem legit.

You got the wrong pedal, they paid for return shipping, and they say they will return your money, right?

The stuff about no return policy is odd, but seems to be just that as they are taking care of you, although slowly. One wonders why....

Of course if this drags on a few more days, that's an issue.

Bummer you got the wrong pedal and are slow to credit. Totally fair for them to wait until they get their pedal back before giving back your money. Many companies work that way on returns.

Gary Ladd

pןɹoʍ ןnɟɹǝpuoʍ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
Silver Supporting Member
Yep, looks like a smoking crater to me :dunno

kRv2J5.gif

Vhailor

Silver Supporting Member

"Hi,

Regards,
Mohsin

Buyer Beware!!~~

It's perhaps worthwhile to note that the Collider is a rather more expensive pedal than the Spectrum (msrp $349 vs $199.) So, even if they decided not to accept a return and refund the money, you could still sell the Collider and have more than enough money from it to buy a Spectrum somewhere else. (I'm not saying that you should do this, nor would I do this, but it's not the case that you were going to suffer any kind of tangible loss from their mistake.)

1Mudman

Prymaxe appears to have nothing in stock. I have been checking for weeks and everything in Amps and guitars is pretty much sold out. The last guitar I received a few months ago was supposed to be "like new" "Gently Used" the ones I have bought earlier in the year were awesome. This last one was in a B box and I spent days fixing it and making it correct. They do not set your guitar up, so expect to do that. It was such a mess and its just a pain in the butt to return I just kept it and made the best of it. I think they sell to online sellers and let them pretty well by out anything decent with their big sales and nobody should by from a online company that doesnt have the backing or support of the manufacture. If Prymaxe is doing this then they are going to lose customers fast as I will change in a heart beat If I find what Im looking for somewhere else. I waited 4 months on a guitar that was a pre-order and it never showed up. I ended up with store credit and purchased something else. Prymaxe has great prices but its not dependable at all.

JoeYello

Gold Supporting Member
This, pretty much. I have a coupon to use, from one of their “refunds”, and there’s virtually nothing available.
I ordered a Keeley Mini Compressor because I had several credits and I was afraid I’d lose them. The mini compressor turns out to be awesome.

fuze

Silver Supporting Member
The tone/attitude from their customer service lost my business. I had a return awhile back and it was not pleasant.

Id rather spend $5/10 on a pedal elsewhere tbh.

Torgo

Well after reading the all the bad experiences people have had with Prymaxe, I'm thinking I played Russian roulette and won....twice.

About a month ago I ordered (*from Prymaxe, through eBay) a Dawner Prince Red Rox pedal sold as "played/demoed in store". I paid $162. The pedal shipped the day I ordered it and was at my door 2 days later. I opened the package to find a 100% factory sealed, fresh as can be, pedal. Box sticker "seals" intact, manual, etc, was all in the same spot it was placed when it left Croatia. No indication that it was B-stock.

On a side note, I've ordered numerous demoed pedals (mostly through Reverb from brick and mortar stores) and received some of them in suspiciously "demoed" form. For example; sticker on the box cut open, but pedal bag, or other tell tale "seals" that would require removal to access the pedal clearly unopened/untouched from the factory. I assume we all know why this happens, and I assume Prymaxe is doing the same.

Anyway, my 2nd experience with Prymaxe (directly...dum dum dummmm...though I paid with PayPal) was just last week. I ordered a "played/demoed in store" Danelectro 3699 Fuzz pedal. Just like last time, the pedal shipped the day I ordered it and was on my doorstep 2 days later. This time the box was opened (no freshness seal), but the factory bag was only breached at the top. The factory tape was still there. The pedal in/out and 9V is top mount and the bag was ripped open in that area. Not big enough for the pedal to be removed from the bag, and the other foam protection bits around the knobs and switch were also in place. The manual/documentation was untouched. The "leather" bag was also included.

Gotta say, the crappiest part of the transactions was the typical bull$hit, almost completely useless tracking info supplied by the USPS. Otherwise it was flawless. Did I get lucky? Maybe. My 2 experiences with Prymaxe were very good, though I definitely will have some trepidation about ordering from them in the future. It sure is tough to turn your back on a 25%+ price difference on a $200 pedal.

I suppose the bottom line is to cover your a$$ by making sure you have Reverb and/or PayPal involved in the transaction.

troutmask

Following up as of today, still haven't received a refund and of course crickets from Prymaxe. Just filed a complaint with Reverb and started a dispute action through Paypal as well.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
Following up as of today, still haven't received a refund and of course crickets from Prymaxe. Just filed a complaint with Reverb and started a dispute action through Paypal as well.

I'm currently also waiting as patiently as I can for a return to process. They said they are "facing difficulties with the refund server" whatever that means, and that was the reason for the delay. The verbage on their website does say allow 10-15 business days for a return to process, and I'm still in that window, so I'm doing my best to wait it out.

I had a really good run with Prymaxe the past couple years, but all it takes is one burn to change my perception.

troutmask

I finally received a refund from Prymaxe which took two weeks from the day they received it via Fedex. I'm now thorougly convinced that I'd still be waiting if I hadn't moved forward and started a dispute through both Reverb & Paypal. Based on what I saw and others like skiltrip (above) and comments about stocks outs from others, I would guess that Prymaxe may be on the verge of going under. They had also rolled out the "something wrong with our returns server" quote to me, whatever the hell that is.. Probably some off-shore, eastern euro crypto piggy-bank account in Ubetwestealistan..They are definately not the same people or company that I have been buying from for years and will never go near them again. Again ~ BUYER BEWARE!~!!

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
I finally received a refund from Prymaxe which took two weeks from the day they received it via Fedex. I'm now thorougly convinced that I'd still be waiting if I hadn't moved forward and started a dispute through both Reverb & Paypal. Based on what I saw and others like skiltrip (above) and comments about stocks outs from others, I would guess that Prymaxe may be on the verge of going under. They had also rolled out the "something wrong with our returns server" quote to me, whatever the hell that is.. Probably some off-shore, eastern euro crypto piggy-bank account in Ubetwestealistan..They are definately not the same people or company that I have been buying from for years and will never go near them again. Again ~ BUYER BEWARE!~!!

Glad to hear they finally pushed your refund through. It's been two weeks and two days since they got my return back and still no refund for me yet.

Did Prymaxe ever comment on your PayPal claim, or did they just remain silent and you finally got the refund? How long after the PayPal claim did they refund you?

troutmask

Glad to hear they finally pushed your refund through. It's been two weeks and two days since they got my return back and still no refund for me yet.

Did Prymaxe ever comment on your PayPal claim, or did they just remain silent and you finally got the refund? How long after the PayPal claim did they refund you?
Sorry for the lengthy delay responding.. No, they never mentioned Paypal claim or the Reverb complaint. Just wish I had left them a negative review before the refund came through.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom