Be careful buying from Prymaxe

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
I ordered on August 6. But I knew they were out of stock and on pre-order. So they obviously get a pass on that. But after three and a half months, it’s a bit annoying. That pedal is in stock at lots of other places.

oh wow - yeah that’s a long time.

COVID and how it changes supply sources etc would be what might be a guess as to why. For example EH Q-Tron+ has been on back order for months until just recently. I hope you get what you ordered soon!

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again …

I’ve bought many pedals from Prymaxe. I’ve never had an issue.

I placed another order recently and it’ll be in soon-ish. I’ll let you know if anything goes not good but I completely don’t expect it to cuz I’ve never had a problem over several years of buying there.

I am sorry for those who have had issues

I had the same experience, up until I didn't anymore. All it takes is one transaction going sideways to change your perspective. I ordered 7ish pedals from them over last year and the beginning of this year, and no problems on any of them. They even refunded one return promptly for something I changed my mind about. The last one though, was a $350 purchase, and 6+ weeks and no refund and no response.

It's a gamble. That's all there is to it. You win until you lose, and then you decide if it's worth playing anymore. For me it's definitely not. If you're on a winning strike, I guess just roll with it!

Gary Ladd

pןɹoʍ ןnɟɹǝpuoʍ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
Silver Supporting Member
I ordered on August 6. But I knew they were out of stock and on pre-order. So they obviously get a pass on that. But after three and a half months, it’s a bit annoying. That pedal is in stock at lots of other places.

This is exactly why I skipped their 26% sale to buy two items supposedly "in stock" :crazy

I bought them at other reputable sites for 10-15% off where I know I won't be getting a recycled/demo pedal and/or wait for months without updates...

Got forbid I had to return one!

If I was you I'd try to shut down that payment, if it isn't too late...

StompBoxBlues

I had the same experience, up until I didn't anymore. All it takes is one transaction going sideways to change your perspective. I ordered 7ish pedals from them over last year and the beginning of this year, and no problems on any of them. They even refunded one return promptly for something I changed my mind about. The last one though, was a $350 purchase, and 6+ weeks and no refund and no response.

It's a gamble. That's all there is to it. You win until you lose, and then you decide if it's worth playing anymore. For me it's definitely not. If you're on a winning strike, I guess just roll with it!

SO True! When a place has several telling similar stories, it’s all good until it isn’t, and then you have to go through a whole huge process to maybe get your money back, they are off my list of places to do business with.

Doesnt matter how many folk say “I’ve bought there and never had a problem”. It MIGHT help if ever (but never seems to happen) someone else said “I HAD a problem, but they resolved it nicely and all was well”. I mean a similar type of problem.

All is fine until it isn’t. You might get lucky…but when you get unlucky, nightmare.

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
I get the point of this thread but I’m also here to say my most recent order with Prymaxe went as expected given my past experiences with them.
I received the pedal just two or three days after purchasing, it came in perfect condition including its box. It’s fully functional and cosmetically blemish free. Another perfect transaction and I have yet to experience anything different than this with Prymaxe

mapleneck72

Silver Supporting Member
If you’re one of those people who doesn’t like things to be shipped in an envelope, please note that Prymaxe will still do that even if you pay more to get it shipped in a box. I filed a dispute with Amex and it was settled in less than a day. Hopefully the parts that came out of the box inside the envelope were not damaged but the manufacturer is known for standing behind their products.
It is kinda amazing in 2021 that their system doesn’t send an email confirmation when your order is shipped. It seems to be built into the ecommerce systems used by everyone else.

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
I may not get much love for making these posts but I still think it’s worth staging the good as well

I just had another great experience with Prymaxe. They did a perfect job with everything. Here’s where it gets better… the pedal I received was faulty out of the box, this product was sealed so I think it’s possible it was a manufacturer quality control issue maybe - or it wasn’t / I’m not sure. Either way - it didn’t matter, they let me return the pedal and refunded me within 24hrs if receiving my return.

Just here to to say - I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them over several years and are still proving their good customer service to this day

RockDebris

I may not get much love for making these posts but I still think it’s worth staging the good as well

I just had another great experience with Prymaxe. They did a perfect job with everything. Here’s where it gets better… the pedal I received was faulty out of the box, this product was sealed so I think it’s possible it was a manufacturer quality control issue maybe - or it wasn’t / I’m not sure. Either way - it didn’t matter, they let me return the pedal and refunded me within 24hrs if receiving my return.

Just here to to say - I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them over several years and are still proving their good customer service to this day
It's so strange that I had the EXACT same thing happen, very simple case of a malfunctioning pedal straight out of the box (a boost/gain pedal! Nothing that could suggest user error), and instead of taking a return, told me I needed to email the manufacturer. It's boggling even years later. Happy for you, but it seems their procedures have some ambiguity based on my first hand experience and your report. I can't call that good customer service.

Hotspur

Glad I stumbled across this thread. I bought something from them successfully recently (which doesn't negate anybody else's experience) and was likely to buy more because, compared to Sweetwater, I save the tax.

But nope.

Gary Ladd

pןɹoʍ ןnɟɹǝpuoʍ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
Silver Supporting Member

So Prymaxe sent you a used/demo resealed pedal that was busted (yes Virginia, unscrupulous sellers will do that), refunded your order & left you without the product you wanted in the end...

I wouldn't call that "good customer service", but at least you got your money back without being harassed.

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
So Prymaxe sent you a used/demo resealed pedal that was busted (yes Virginia, unscrupulous sellers will do that), refunded your order & left you without the product you wanted in the end...

I wouldn't call that "good customer service", but at least you got your money back without being harassed.

I knew I was buying a “demo” or whatever - website fully disclosed this.

They refunded me like any good store would.

Gera RG

Silver Supporting Member
Strange' i've bougth 20+ products from them at a nice discount, never had issues, just asked if they were on stock

Two times i got defective pedals and they accepted the return without complains.

Still these days i'm into other sites, but not because of unreliability from Prymaxe, i did it because Prymaxe has stopped selling from some builders (EQD, Jam Pedals, etc)

Gary Ladd

pןɹoʍ ןnɟɹǝpuoʍ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
Silver Supporting Member
Here’s where it gets better… the pedal I received was faulty out of the box, this product was sealed so I think it’s possible it was a manufacturer quality control issue maybe - or it wasn’t...

I knew I was buying a “demo” or whatever - website fully disclosed this.

They refunded me like any good store would.

One thing doesn't look like the other...

591944d29745d_X4f1skS__605.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom