Bearfoot: Bee, Burst & DRD. Do I need all 3 ????

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by warren3333, Feb 26, 2012.

1. warren3333

warren3333 Gold Supporting Member

2. koa

koa Member

Not sure if you NEED all 3 but it sure would be fun. Lots of stacking options there.

3. warren3333

4. Seegs

Seegs Member

That depends on you and what you do...

I have a Model H and I really like it a lot but honestly I could get by with just the Honeybeest...

I loved the DynaRed but in my setup with Celestion Golds the top end was too sizzly...the beest tames that perfectly...

Chow,
    Seegs

5. dysorexia

dysorexia Senior Member

All three circuits are so similar, I don't think you would need all 3.

6. warren3333

Anybody tried any of these 3 with Fender amps ?
    Ive got a Super sonic, and mainly play it on the clean channel (which im led to believe is v similar to Deluxe RI)....

I love that slighlty overdriven just-clipping sound....

7. Webfoot

Webfoot Supporting Member

I just got the beest yesterday and am impressed. Best dirt pedal sound I have had with the except of my BK Butler tube pedal (a real old 5 knober). I could easily gig with just this pedal as its a mid+ gain pedal.

8. wenbinbin2010

wenbinbin2010 Member

I think just one would be enough...Honeybeest probably since you can roll back your volume knob and get some good low-gain HBOD tones as well.

9. DSnellen79

DSnellen79 Member

I own all three, and play through a 74 Twin Reverb. I love all three. You DON'T NEEEEEED all three. However it is a lot of fun to have them all. I set up the HBOD for a very light breakup with the gain knob at 9 oclock. I then set up the Beest at a good medium gain with more treble, and it sounds great. Then the DRD's gain is turned up to around 2 oclock for higher gain lead tones. All while boosted with a timmy as needed. I have found that the HBOD into a timmy gets great tones and is close to the Beest, however they have different gain structures. Its hard to describe but the Beest is great. I think if I was forced to only have one i would choose the Beest. If you have the money get all of'em its a lot of fun. you can also stack them and I will be experimenting with that soon. I'm a huge Bearfoot fan now and I plan to get more, the Mini Vibe is next on the list and I'm hoping for a PGC and/or Model G to come out soon. I hope to collect them all eventually. I know, I know, I'm a nerd, but its ok.

10. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

For my money, I'd own a Bee and a DRHot. The Bee does low gain better than the Beest, and the DRH does high gain better. It's similar in level but smoother than the 3 knob H. I didn't bond with the 4 knob H at all.

11. cwcashiniv

cwcashiniv Member

Man, it's funny how people's opinions differ!

I didn't bond with the 3-knob Model H, but the Model 4H is one of the best dirt boxes I've owned! Gotta love TGP.

Back on the topic - I don't think you need all 3 at all. But if you have a bottomless supply of cash... 1. What's your address? ;) and 2. Go for it!

12. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

No but it'd sure be fun. My plan is to have the bee and the Beest. But right now I have just chosen the bee.

13. warren3333

You are so right about TGP - the GAS it produces though is costly !

I haven't got bottomless supplies of cash or board space...but i live like i have got both in abundance !

14. warren3333

Great post my friend. I agree with your sentiments entirely...

Im also looking to get the Mini Vibe. I have the MP PGC, but would love to compare it to the Bjfe equivalent. I wonder if it would be worth the change ?

Also, with the new Bearfoot model out in a couple of weeks, i think that Donner may move away from the distortion a little bit. Maybe itll be a PGC... Or I think (and really hope) it could be a SBEQ model ?

What do ya think guys ?

15. DSnellen79

DSnellen79 Member

Right now I'm using an 2 knob Keeley Comp. I like it a lot, however I want to try the PGC really bad. I've heard a lot about the SBEQ but I don't really "get it" on that one. I guess I would just have to try it. Has anyone heard when the next release will be?

16. JohanSolo

JohanSolo Member

its so hard for me to go to sleep right now when i know i have this waiting for me in the morning...
    [​IMG]

17. cajone5

cajone5 Some guy Silver Supporting Member

It'll sound even better if you plug them in :rimshot

18. wenbinbin2010

wenbinbin2010 Member

Couple of weeks according to his Facebook posts.

19. warren3333

Johan, inspirational stuff mate ! My Supersonic is oxblood '61 tolex... But you've gotta love any blackface aint ya ?!

The question is my friend... Whats your fave of these gorgeous pedals with THAT gorgeous amp ??

20. warren3333

Seegs,
    Its good to meet you sir !
    Love your posts and your excellent vids...

Lotta love for the H Beest it seems...

Did you try the tour box ?