Bearfoot Dyna Red three or four knobs

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JoeG, Jan 31, 2015.

1. JoeG

JoeG Member

Hi!
    I´ve just bought a Dyna Red with three knobs. It sounds great for what I´m looking for - an old marshall crunch and I really dig it. But what about the four-knobs version? What´s the difference? Is there any reason for me to get one or should I keep the one I got?

//J

2. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

.... well the 4 knob adds a low mids knob that adds some chunky bottom pre distortion so you can really dial in the sound to the cab you are working with - its that frequency that you feel in the knees with a 4x12 .... it also increases the harmonic density of the dirt itself....

3. Godspeed64

Godspeed64 Member

I played the three knob and thought it was good but not mind-blowing.

The four-knob though..... Such an amazing tone! I'm still looking for a new pedalboard to accommodate the pedal. (I need to replace my Mudhoney II with two pedals, one being the Bearfoot as my PT Jr is already overly full).

4. JoeG

JoeG Member

Thanks for your answers!
    I guess I have to check ot the the four knobber :)
    //J

5. hhylkema

hhylkema Supporting Member

Love my 4k DRD. I haven't used mine lately b/c a wire came loose while trying to clean the switch - really need to get that fixed. I love how versatile it is. I think it's low gain settings are magical.

6. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I owned them both and I would definitely go with the 4 knobber. It can do things the 3-knob can't, but everything it can.