• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

BearFoot Effects Aussie TB#8!

Grant Ferstat

Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...
pedals are in transit!
thanks so much to Grant and Don for the tour box

also just realised the greatness of the LRT, instead of using a full range clean boost you could use the LRT instead to get your sound up and above the band, which means the same job gets done with less actual increase in volume.
My pleasure mate.

Getting pretty pumped for this, nice to read everyone's reviews. Happy to be last on the list as the last few months I've been flat out. Should be able to make some nice clips now too. Cheers for organizing it Realfi
Excellent. Look forward to the clips!

pedals are with me. just pm'd frosted glass to arrange handover for next week.
Awesome. Thanks for keeping on top of that.

In other news. Some of you I'm sure have already heard that Donner will be manufacturing ProAnalog pedals for Scotty Smith. Scotty is one of the true genius circuit guys IMO, but, I think even he would confess that not every part of his former business model was as...successful as it could have been. Having Scotty design and Donner build and market sounds like a great combination to me.

And yes, there will to Tour Boxes!

pedals are going out today. tgp was down monday and couldn't access my messages for frosted's address, and was at work all day yesterday. sorry for the delay, grant.

reviews (which i wrote while playing over a few nights):

rig is a mim cabronita with stock neck and tv jones classic plus bridge pickups into a randall rm100 loaded with blackface, 1086 (jcm800ish but tighter and meaner), and grail-spec treadplate (dual rec) modules.

first up - little red trebler:

does exactly the same thing as the bright switch on my blackface module, except with a blend. if i were too lazy to walk over to my amp, i'd get one, haha. good for when you're surfing (brings out the splash in my frv-1) and strumming. tried it as a boost into my high-gain modules - didn't work well at all, lots of squealing and little tone change. my sd-1 is much more suited to that. but yeah, i doubt that was its purpose. bright switch in a box!

model hs:

bit of a tricky one to figure out, but overall i’m impressed. the two-way switch bottom middle seems to affect low-mids/high-mids as well as headroom - i liked it more on high-headroom. this is supposed to be a hiwatt? i can get it fairly close to my 1086 module, but it's a bit thinner and has less mids than i like. however, it’s got enough of those low-mids to help me believe i’m clicking on a lead channel, so well done in that respect - i remember not being impressed by the last model h’s, but this one is great. good range of treble i used it at about 1 o’clock - i found that any more would help it sizzle through, but lose that amp channel vibe. reacts nicely being boosted with my sd-1. this one’s a winner.

syod3:

a lot of sounds in this one - i was only really a fan of one, though. both eq cranked, with the switch in high gain mode, and the gain halfway. sounded sweet - flubby, fuzzy, and still articulate. and rawk. sounds like a cranked bassy amp (bassman perhaps?) - reminiscent of the honey bee. i wish there was a little more upper range in the treble knob though. that was the main reason i didn’t like it much at high gain - not enough definition, even with treble cranked. it was a nice clean boost with the gain all the way down, as well. i liked the mids control a lot - great idea to voice it lower than usual. didn’t like being boosted with my sd-1, sadly. overall, didn’t fit with my playing style.

blue berry bass od:

wow this one is cool. played it with my yamaha bbn4 into my warwick sweet 25.2. i liked it best with everything at noon. i haven’t used any bass pedals before, so i’m happy this was the first. made the tone very growly and mean. with the nature all the way back and the drive all the way out it fuzzed out massively, but lost too much presence to be useable. but i suppose it does what it’s billed to - be a bass overdrive, not a fuzz. didn’t touch the low frequencies much, which i liked. i’m not a bassist, i have a bass and amp kicking around, but guitar is my main. i didn’t try it through guitar.

über bee:

here’s the one i was really looking forward to - saved it for last.

i’ve played all the honey bees in the bearfoot line so far, and this one is my favourite - though not for the reasons i anticipated. i always thought the honey bee could use a little more gain and definition, but i ended up keeping the treble and gain way down on the uber bee for most of the time. i basically used it as i would a stock honey bee, with one exception - i used the treble to roll in some highs when i had the nature rolled all the way down - similar to how i set up the syod3, but the uber bee had more definition than the syod3, which i liked. really sweet. the other reason i was keen to try it out was to see how it boosted a lead channel. sadly, nowhere near as good as my sd-1 (i love my sd-1, obviously), but as i’ve said before, that’s not its purpose, and it was something i was personally exploring, not following any recommendations. but overall, if i were to get a bee, it would be this one. i just don’t have room/justification for another overdrive haha.

overall, would any of these kick anything off my board?

i have the trebler equivalent on my fender module, and don’t change it very often, so no on that one. uber bee and syod3 are decent cranked tube amp combos in boxes, but neither of them would replace my sd-1, as i primarily use overdrive to boost my lead channels, and sometimes to thicken up my clean channel a little (gain all the way down) - and i only have space for one overdrive at this stage. i don’t usually play bass, and if i did, i would probably look for a bass fuzz that could get into overdrive territory, as that’s more the sound i’d be after, personally (not knocking the blue berry - it’s still an ace bass overdrive). the one that i would seriously consider getting is the model hs. it’s a great substitute for a crunchy lead channel. when i’m not playing into my randall, i replace the footswitch with my cmatmods ratified, as it’s pretty reliable across different amps - one of the main reasons i got it. not having played the model hs into a bunch of amps, i might be hesitant without trying. but it’s definitely something i’d look into if i didn’t have the ratified. and it's got a pretty powerful eq anyway, so i'd be fairly confident.

thanks for including me on the tour box grant! also, i know you probably don’t have much say on what pedals go out, but the tour boxes i’ve enjoyed the most have been the ones with the most variety of pedals in them - it gets a bit tiresome playing with drives all day!

Grant Ferstat

pedals are going out today. tgp was down monday and couldn't access my messages for frosted's address, and was at work all day yesterday. sorry for the delay, grant.

reviews (which i wrote while playing over a few nights):

rig is a mim cabronita with stock neck and tv jones classic plus bridge pickups into a randall rm100 loaded with blackface, 1086 (jcm800ish but tighter and meaner), and grail-spec treadplate (dual rec) modules.

first up - little red trebler:

does exactly the same thing as the bright switch on my blackface module, except with a blend. if i were too lazy to walk over to my amp, i'd get one, haha. good for when you're surfing (brings out the splash in my frv-1) and strumming. tried it as a boost into my high-gain modules - didn't work well at all, lots of squealing and little tone change. my sd-1 is much more suited to that. but yeah, i doubt that was its purpose. bright switch in a box!

model hs:

bit of a tricky one to figure out, but overall i’m impressed. the two-way switch bottom middle seems to affect low-mids/high-mids as well as headroom - i liked it more on high-headroom. this is supposed to be a hiwatt? i can get it fairly close to my 1086 module, but it's a bit thinner and has less mids than i like. however, it’s got enough of those low-mids to help me believe i’m clicking on a lead channel, so well done in that respect - i remember not being impressed by the last model h’s, but this one is great. good range of treble i used it at about 1 o’clock - i found that any more would help it sizzle through, but lose that amp channel vibe. reacts nicely being boosted with my sd-1. this one’s a winner.

syod3:

a lot of sounds in this one - i was only really a fan of one, though. both eq cranked, with the switch in high gain mode, and the gain halfway. sounded sweet - flubby, fuzzy, and still articulate. and rawk. sounds like a cranked bassy amp (bassman perhaps?) - reminiscent of the honey bee. i wish there was a little more upper range in the treble knob though. that was the main reason i didn’t like it much at high gain - not enough definition, even with treble cranked. it was a nice clean boost with the gain all the way down, as well. i liked the mids control a lot - great idea to voice it lower than usual. didn’t like being boosted with my sd-1, sadly. overall, didn’t fit with my playing style.

blue berry bass od:

wow this one is cool. played it with my yamaha bbn4 into my warwick sweet 25.2. i liked it best with everything at noon. i haven’t used any bass pedals before, so i’m happy this was the first. made the tone very growly and mean. with the nature all the way back and the drive all the way out it fuzzed out massively, but lost too much presence to be useable. but i suppose it does what it’s billed to - be a bass overdrive, not a fuzz. didn’t touch the low frequencies much, which i liked. i’m not a bassist, i have a bass and amp kicking around, but guitar is my main. i didn’t try it through guitar.

über bee:

here’s the one i was really looking forward to - saved it for last.

i’ve played all the honey bees in the bearfoot line so far, and this one is my favourite - though not for the reasons i anticipated. i always thought the honey bee could use a little more gain and definition, but i ended up keeping the treble and gain way down on the uber bee for most of the time. i basically used it as i would a stock honey bee, with one exception - i used the treble to roll in some highs when i had the nature rolled all the way down - similar to how i set up the syod3, but the uber bee had more definition than the syod3, which i liked. really sweet. the other reason i was keen to try it out was to see how it boosted a lead channel. sadly, nowhere near as good as my sd-1 (i love my sd-1, obviously), but as i’ve said before, that’s not its purpose, and it was something i was personally exploring, not following any recommendations. but overall, if i were to get a bee, it would be this one. i just don’t have room/justification for another overdrive haha.

overall, would any of these kick anything off my board?

i have the trebler equivalent on my fender module, and don’t change it very often, so no on that one. uber bee and syod3 are decent cranked tube amp combos in boxes, but neither of them would replace my sd-1, as i primarily use overdrive to boost my lead channels, and sometimes to thicken up my clean channel a little (gain all the way down) - and i only have space for one overdrive at this stage. i don’t usually play bass, and if i did, i would probably look for a bass fuzz that could get into overdrive territory, as that’s more the sound i’d be after, personally (not knocking the blue berry - it’s still an ace bass overdrive). the one that i would seriously consider getting is the model hs. it’s a great substitute for a crunchy lead channel. when i’m not playing into my randall, i replace the footswitch with my cmatmods ratified, as it’s pretty reliable across different amps - one of the main reasons i got it. not having played the model hs into a bunch of amps, i might be hesitant without trying. but it’s definitely something i’d look into if i didn’t have the ratified. and it's got a pretty powerful eq anyway, so i'd be fairly confident.

thanks for including me on the tour box grant! also, i know you probably don’t have much say on what pedals go out, but the tour boxes i’ve enjoyed the most have been the ones with the most variety of pedals in them - it gets a bit tiresome playing with drives all day!
Thanks for all the feedback!

Yeah, look I think I agree re the "all drive boost" tour boxes. I think it does tend to depend a bit on Don's product release schedule more than anything but we'll try to bear that in mind.

Phoenixfire

Pedals are with me today! They just got dropped off by the delivery guy. Looking forward to trying them all out this week!

Phoenixfire

Pedals are on their way too WorkingClassDan today!
I'll hopefully get some time in the next few days to write up my thoughts.
Thanks again for the chance to be a part of this tour box!

Grant Ferstat

Pedals are on their way too WorkingClassDan today!
I'll hopefully get some time in the next few days to write up my thoughts.
Thanks again for the chance to be a part of this tour box!
Cool. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm interested to hear what you think.

TeeVee

Not part of this tourbox, but this thread inspired me to pull the trigger on a CAF (silver) and Pale Green Compressor that I've had on the list for a long time now.

Slowly building up my collection again after a big sell-off a couple of years ago.

Next Bearfoot purchase will be the Uber Bee.

Looking forward to more reviews.

BTW, the pedals are in great nick. The cardboard box, however, looks like it's been on a particular long tour playing some rough places.

Phoenixfire

call me crazy, but to me the box is actually kind of cool!
Its taken on a story of its own. it might be the inner 'relic-lover' in me, but it tells a fantastic tale, with its tape and postage stickers and tears.

Grant Ferstat

Thanks for keeping me posted on the whereabouts. I'd really like to hear some opinions too...

Trending Topics