Bearfoot Fx HBOD.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Blues Wail, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

What an amazing pedal. When I read about those who comment about pedals that do not have a bad setting no matter where you tweak the knobs, I am usually skeptical. This box has after 30+ years of gigging etc made me a believer. Oh,Of course it is NOT for everyone. Nothing is! But, then again...............It SHOULD be!! With a Strat a Super Reverb as mainstay's I have settled in with the volume @ noon, Nature almost to noon. (this will depend on live or bedroom of course) overdrive seems to hold together well anywhere but for me has just the right amount of hair & comp around @ 2. I was up till 1 am in the morning with this pedal. Kudo's Donner & Co. Of course Bjorn esp!! :p

2. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

It's been a mainstay with me for about 6 years now. You actually can't get a bad sound out of it. It does its thing better than any other pedal does their thing- if that makes sense. :D

3. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

:agree

4. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

So very true!!

5. james russell

james russell Silver Supporting Member

I got a Sunny Bee from Donner during the holidays this year. I've been on tgp for over six years and have read countless threads about the Honey Bee. I just never got around to getting one until now. As I said in another thread, I knew within one minute of plugging it in that I dug the Honey Bee and it was right for me. I should have checked it out a long time ago.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  6. Risewithfaith

Risewithfaith Member

I want one SO bad! You guys aren't helping this broke, gear junkie one bit!

7. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

For real, After the TB I knew that it was THE pedal that belonged. It is a MUST have for what I do Musically. I have been through so many pedals & own a SHOD now. Although they are different, they can cover similar ground. The SHOD is a great pedal, But,,,,,,,,,as Bobby D say's in one of his vid's, It is not a Honey Bee. Was he ever right. The SHOD is F/S!!

8. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

9. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

The HBOD has become my main OD when I play through a clean, or Blackface style amp. It does everything I need whether I'm using a strat, a P90 LP or humbucker LP. I really like hitting it with the MP Forest Green Comp when I need a little sustain or to boost it a bit.
    I had an earlier BJFE model, and the BF version is voiced just perfectly.

10. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

11. angrytroll

angrytroll Member

12. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

:drink
    :drink

13. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Absolutely! I'm such a big fan of the HBOD - except I almost feel like a traitor cuz I've been really debating whether or not to ditch it for the 4knob Honeybeest.
    It's been a tough decision making process cuz I like what I have soooo much, and even more so cuz I have a Sunny Bee.

14. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

:p I have a SHOD, It is so much louder & brighter than the HBOD! Fotta sell the SHOD!

15. saltydogg

saltydogg Rock & Roll Enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

I think the Honeybee may be the best stacking overdrive pedal ever created.

I don't typically use it as a stand-alone OD but, using a low gain setting, push my other low-to-medium gain overdrives with it. Glorious.

The Honeybeest is also killer. KILLER I SAID.

16. clicktone

clicktone Supporting Member

...just picked up a new Honey Beest...should be in the mail by next week. All the clips sound amazing!

17. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Ah! Seriously considering trading selling a bee for a Beest.... I think I might now that I'm gonna sell my Model H for a Wet reverb.

18. Trogdor

Trogdor Member

So what are you gonna replace the Model H with?

19. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Well I'm waiting for my H to sell so I can buy a Stereo Wet.
    Once this happens I might sell my HBOD Sunny Bee to get a Beest - so in essence I'll be replacing my Model H & HBOD with a Beest possibly in the future. Kinda consolidating the two.
    These are just thoughts right now though.
    But I will be getting a Wet for sure though instead of having a Model H now - I really like the H I just don't use it as much anymore cuz our style is becoming less aggressive and less rocky.

20. thegreatma3

thegreatma3 Member

would you say the hbod is grainy/fuzzy? im more of a smoother ts-ish person but am intrigued by the hbod. im considering a lgw as well. do you think the hbod as a clean/light od, lgw for medium/heavy and my timmy as a boost would be a good setup? i play hillsong if that helps.