• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Bearfoot FX news: Red Rooster booster, Uber Bee, etc

tincan2000

DonneR posted this morning on Bearfoot FX's Facebook page -- very exciting news! (no afflilation, just a fan!):

"Who can it Bee now ~~~Very productive day yesterday and another ahead today...

Rooster: looks like we will have 3 variations - this was Ken Fischers' favorite booster and he likened the variations to swapping different brands of preamp tubes ... the RRB has 33 db of boost- same as adding a preamp tube stage to your tube amp ..... and if youve ever swapped tube brands and heard the difference between Amperex and Telefunken or even just Chinese and Russian tubes youll get the span of the 3 Roosters.....It has the basic EQ of a bridge pickup with upper mid push and top end sparkle.......

Uber Bee: Volume and Nature controls are the same as the Standard Bee
the Uber Dirt control starts where the Honey is at about 11 oclock .... So with treble control off and the Uber dirt at 0 you have a standard Bee at what is the most common Honey setting with volume and nature at 10 and drive at 11... Then the uber part ~ you can raise the dirt level to about half of a Model H and I think that what its closest to in sound - the Beest was tweeked for a different result and goes in a different direction .....

Then the Uber treble control goes from the dark early BJF bee up thru Bearfoot and onto more than I would use, but those with darker speakers might............ So its Uber - it starts as a Bee and goes up in both dirt and treble ....... We will continue making the Standard Bee, The Uber Bee and the Honey Beest.

We will also soon have the Little Red Trebler which is like having a fender bright switch on a knob and is just right for soloing with a neck pickup.......... and as I think these are the best little boosters Im going to make the Baby Pink, Little Red Trebler and the Roosters all $149 just to let people get them easier ........ thx and end of commercial dispatch...
"

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
I have the BPB and love it but I'm not really sure about another BF booster, although the new price tag is much easier to swallow. I hope I can get into a tourbox with an RRB and a LRT someday but the one knob wonder I really want is the Purple Humper :)

GLinks

Silver Supporting Member
$149 is a pretty nice price point for the boosters. Been seriously considering the Mad Professor Ruby Red Booster for some time now.

Don Rusk

BearFoot FX Owner
Vendor
...well we reworked the Uber Bee today and I really love it now --- we decided on having it start with a clean sound so you can use it as a booster and take advantage of the EQ section and then the Drive and Treble knobs take it into Uberville the treble goes up to unity - the same as your clean sound then you can roll it off to BearFoot and early Bjfe darkness - but now you can lift the blanket ...... and the extra drive makes it respond quicker and it can be a lead tone now too .... Im planning for this to go on sale in a few weeks for our Anniversary on 2/22 ...

Roosters are crowing nicely :noevil

Oh the EchoVerb is progressing nicely too - still a few things to work out ...

And we will have a cool new fuzz ...

tincan2000

Cool, thanks for the update, DonneR! Will keep my eyes out -- I think my pocketbook is going to continue to suffer...

AceBSpankin

Prince of Ales
Gold Supporting Member
Great news Don!!
So will the Uber "Bee" able to replace my Bee & Beest!!

jurfin

awesome stuff - i have yet to play a bearfoot that did not inspire. i am really glad to hear about the price on the boosters. us poor folk appreciate it and all : )

Meriphew

Can someone clue me in on the Bearfoot Red Rooster booster? Is this a germanium booster? I'm about to pull the trigger on a DAM Red Rooster Booster (which is germanium).

mattlee0037

Well Mad Professor does a Red Rooster Booster that's a treble booster and regular booster in one, and BJFE did a one knob 'mid range' red rooster booster. Could be either but mad professor uses JFETs I believe. The Red Rooster is killer though, I wouldn't hesitate to grab one if I was you.

Meriphew

Well Mad Professor does a Red Rooster Booster that's a treble booster and regular booster in one, and BJFE did a one knob 'mid range' red rooster booster. Could be either but mad professor uses JFETs I believe. The Red Rooster is killer though, I wouldn't hesitate to grab one if I was you.
Thx! Was the BJF version germanium?

Don Rusk

BearFoot FX Owner
Vendor
Can someone clue me in on the Bearfoot Red Rooster booster? Is this a germanium booster? I'm about to pull the trigger on a DAM Red Rooster Booster (which is germanium).
... Th BF RRB is a jfet booster that is like adding another preamp tube - 33db of boost with an upper mid push and extra sparkle like a bridge pickup .......

... The little Red Trebler is a treble booster that is like the brite switch on a fender amp .... and Bjorn was able to finish the BF proto this afternoon while in town ..... so it will join the roster soon...

lonetone483

I don't know why I've been putting off on buying a honey bee, but now with the uber bee coming I just might take the plunge on that

gweeterman1

Silver Supporting Member
Donner
I shure wish you guys would make a stereo chorus.
You would knock it out of the park

Top Bottom