• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

BearFoot Guitar Effects Aussie Tourbox #2

Which was your favourite pedal from TB#2

• Honey Beest Overdrive

• Dyna Red Hot Distortion

• Model H-4 Knob

• Mint Green Mini Vibe (Custom Shop Finish)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grant Ferstat

Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...
Hi Australian TGP members!

As BearFoot Tourbox #1 draws to a close I'm happy to announce that I have received 4 pedals from Donner to run another Tourbox with!

The pedals are:-
  • HoneyBeest Overdrive
  • Dyna RedHot Distortion
  • Model H-4 Knob
  • Mint Green Mini Vibe (Custom Shop Finish!)
I'm going to keep this list to probably about 20- 25 people on a first come first served basis providing you comply/are prepared to comply with the following:-

Rules are:-

*Some kind of reference whether it be eBay dealings or here that you can cite.
*A verifiable address.
*Each reviewer has the pedals for no more than a week.
*Please post your findings on this thread.
*Pedals are to be kept in as good a condition as possible
*Pedals are not to be opened or (obviously) reverse engineered.

I'm looking to go from city to city to enable as many direct hand-overs as possible so we won't commence the tour until we have a complete list.

If everyone could please PM me only to register interest rather than posting in this thread. Please include your credentials/references and address/contact details if I don't know you from Tourbox #1 or other dealings.

Sorry if this sounds pedantic but it will make things easier as I won't be having to pick-up expressions of interest from two places, and I can keep this thread shorter until the tour commences and reviews are posted. I'll establish a list of those who are part of the tour in my original post. .

THE LIST IN ORDER:-

Realfi (Perth)
JohanSolo
groovybenny (Perth)
eric10
jdavies (Perth)
Aidan7737 (Perth)
CyberFerret (Darwin)
TeeVee (Adelaide)
fieldsroyal
markmantle (Brisbane)
tonewave (Sydney)
archtop (Sydney)
SixDemonBag (Sydney)
ausguitarman (Sydney)

King Rat (Syd)
Akiira (Sydney)
MattNgai (Sydney)
HitTheCity (Melbourne)
WorkingClassDan (Melbourne)
citizen-erased (Melb)
[NakedInTheRain (Melb)
goodnight thief (Melb)
rnrmf (Geel)
Frosted Glass (Melbourne)
singing6string (Perth)
wailsound (Perth)

Last edited:

Grant Ferstat

Hey grant, I'm in :)
Great.

If everyone could please PM me along with your credentials and address/contact details if I don't know you from Tourbox #1.

That way I won't be having to pick-up expressions of interest from two places, and I can keep this thread shorter until the tour commences and reviews are posted. I'll establish a list of those who are part of the tour in my original post.

Sorry if this sounds pedantic but it will make things easier.

Thanks in advance team Oz!

Last edited:

Grant Ferstat

Great.

If everyone could please PM me along with your credentials and address/contact details if I don't know you from Tourbox #1.

That way I won't be having to pick-up expressions of interest from two places, and I can keep this thread shorter until the tour commences and reviews are posted. I'll establish a list of those who are part of the tour in my original post.

Sorry if this sounds pedantic but it will make things easier.

Thanks in advance team Oz!

Only PM's please folks to register interest. I'm trying to keep the thread as short and browsesable as possible for when the reviews come in.

Last edited:

Grant Ferstat

OK all.

First confirmed Tourbox participants are in listed in Post #1.

Grant Ferstat

Hi everyone. I'll get to your PM's when I can. Unfortunately I've been struck down with Gastro today.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse typos

Grant Ferstat

Hey everyone.

I'm looking to finalise the list for the Aussie Bearfoot Tourbox #2 over the next few days so be sure to PM me with your interest and info.

I've got the pedals in front of me and they look stellar. I'm going to have a good listen over the weekend.

Grant Ferstat

Bumping. A few spots left on the Tour.

PM me with your interest, and if we don't know each other your references.

Grant Ferstat

Bumping for final interest.

I'm looking to lock in the order tomorrow and get things going!

Grant Ferstat

OK! So, lets get things underway. We're gonna start on the West Coast this time around so if you're elsewhere in Australia let me know and maybe we can still squeeze you into the list.

We'll actually things ARE underway. JohanSolo got the tourbox from me last night. I have a busy gig/studio week so I thought I'd let him compare the pedals from BOTH Tourboxes in the meantime before handing them back to me.

Remember everyone. You have the pedals for a max of 1 week. If you're having to post them please use a safe and trackable method and please try to take good care of Donner's pedals. I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Last edited:

Grant Ferstat

Oh btw folks.

I've edited post #1 with the order list for the Tourbox.

I'll always keep a current list in this original post to make it easy to find.

JohanSolo

ok...so i pretty much spent the better part of today playing with and comparing the honey bee vs the honey beest.

IMO if you already own a honey bee (which is such a sweet OD), i wouldnt be that fussed upgrading to the beest. the extra pre gain feature is nice to have, but i wasnt that fond of it set above noon. the pre gain also reminds me a lot of using a rangemaster treble/booster type pedal in front, which is what i would recommend to current honey bee users if you wanted to goose some more gain/compression.
IF only the beest's pre gain part could be footswitchable (somehow unlikely on a 1590A enclosure)

RE the mint green mini vibe, im not really a vibe kinda guy, having only previously owned a cheap BBE soulvibe. Even with phasers and chorus, i prefer to set them on the slower/subtler non seasick/throbbing/wobbly settings, but i was surprised at how much fun i had with the MGMV. im not too good at tonal descriptions...and i dont know how "chewey" this is compared to other vibes, but i did like it as a tremo-phase type sound...something i really miss from a red witch moon phaser i let go. im on the fence at the momment on dwelving more into the vibe effect..but this bearfoot may just be what just convinces me.

anyways ...youtube demo time...not my best audio/mic quality. i used a newish fender twin and no matter what dirt pedals used, there is some high end harness/fizz that i simply could not get rid of with different mic positionings.some of it did go away as the volume was raised (only way to run in new speakers i suppose) so i had the twin on 4.5 in my box of a music room...and i sat right in front of the speakers...so excuse the playing...it was uncomfortably loud.

ill devote time to assessing the model Hs and DRs in the next few days...once my hearing returns.

Grant Ferstat

ok...so i pretty much spent the better part of today playing with and comparing the honey bee vs the honey beest.

IMO if you already own a honey bee (which is such a sweet OD), i wouldnt be that fussed upgrading to the beest. the extra pre gain feature is nice to have, but i wasnt that fond of it set above noon. the pre gain also reminds me a lot of using a rangemaster treble/booster type pedal in front, which is what i would recommend to current honey bee users if you wanted it to have more gain.
the beest would have been really cool if the pregain part was footswitchable, (enclosure permitting)

RE the mint green mini vibe, im not really a vibe kinda guy, but i have previously owned a cheap BBE Soulvibe...a couple of years ago. With phases and chorus i prefer to set them on the slower/subtler non seasick/throbbing/wobbly settings, but i was surprised at how much fun i had with the MGMV. im not too good at tonal descriptions...and i dont know how "chewey" this is compared to other vibes, but i did like it as a tremo-phase type sound...something i really miss from my old red witch moon phaser. im on the fence at the momment on dwelving more into the vibe effect..but this bearfoot may just be what convinces me.

anyways ...youtube demo time...not my best audio/mic quality. i used a newish fender twin and no matter what dirt pedals used, there is some high end harness/fizz that i simply could not get rid of with different mic positionings.some of it did go away as the volume was raised (only way to run in new speakers i suppose) so i had the twin on 4.5 in my box of a music room...and i sat right in front of the speakers...so excuse the playing...it was uncomfortably loud.

ill devote time to assessing the model Hs and DRs in the next few days...once my hearing returns.
Thanks very much for taking the time to do the video. Looking forward to your impressions of the Model H 3 knob v 4 knob.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom