Bearfoot Mint Green Mini Vibe - current thoughts?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bernm, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Don Rusk

Don Rusk BearFoot FX Owner

It sounds different before and after dirt - before its more like a univibe and after more like a vibrato .... I really like to run a really slow phaser into it or after it so try both of those plac3ements also ---- and it makes a great enhancer boost with the amplitude down .....

Stratkeysplz, e-flat and Overdriver18 like this.
  2. kinvhs

kinvhs Member

I love it. It darkens the sound but makes it thicker. From subtle tremolo to warm vibe. Try something harsh into it, like a Rat or MkI

Stratkeysplz and e-flat like this.
  3. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Supporting Member

I had a original MGMV (007) and regret ever selling it..Has anyone compared the Bearfoot with the original version?

4. Mark Hamburg

Mark Hamburg Member

I’ve been spending the past few weekends bouncing around on pedal order. The MGMV has bounced between appearing near the end of my chain (just before the SBEQ feeds the Ethos) to the beginning of my chain to a brief stint in the effects loop of the Ethos. Each has it’s strengths. What I do find myself fighting with often is that the MGMV seems to add a lot of top-end which can get a bit brittle in some circumstances. Darker overdrives help roll that off but I’ve been looking to find a placement that doesn’t require something before or after it darkening it.

When that isn’t an issue, I find the MGMV works great with the amplitude set right around noon. It’s there but it doesn’t dominate. I can take it up to about 2:00 before the modulation starts to become overwhelming. Faster settings on the non-slow MGMV, allow for higher amplitude. Thinking about this, that’s an interesting contrast to phasers where something like my Little Miss Sunshine sounds better at really slow speeds because it is so deep.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Stratkeysplz likes this.
  5. Stratkeysplz

Stratkeysplz Member

@Mark Hamburg....funny I have the Little Miss Sunshine as well and I'm trying to figure out pedal order and if I should keep both on my Nano Board. I actually love the Little Miss Sunshine at 12-1 o'clock because I feel like I can get very expressive lead sounds especially on the higher frets.....I've always loved the phaser sound from this song (@ 1:58) and if I could get the Bearfoot to do that I'd probably kick off the LMS to make room for an extra OD or Fuzz...

I think I've settled for now on Mint Green Vibe>LMS>Amp 11>Delay>Tuner

The Bearfoot Mint Green is very addicting!

Don Rusk likes this.