Bearfoot PGC compared to AM compressors

HowardMusic

Silver Supporting Member
Interested in the PGC but already have the AM Comprosser and Orange Juicer. Just wondering how much squash (for lack of a better word) the PGC can get compared to these two AM compressors. I really like the subtle things I hear on demos of the PGC, but was wondering how much "effect" is available relative to the Comprosser and Orange Juicer as reference points. It would be great to have a pedal that could go from subtle and also have some degree of squash and bloom available, and wondering if the PGC could get me there. Thanks.

the v3 pgc has a fair bit of squash available. the first two versions are a lot more subtle. keep in mind it's still an opto comp, though.

kirkham13

I would call it very light squash but a great effect and a very nice pedal. I have it on my little board, tried the okko compressor as well as analogman duo. I kind of use pgc 3 as a clean boost, thickener. It's a quality pedal, really quiet and easy to use, but the amount of compression is minimal and I play clean strat into 6l6, granted I'm new to pedals and mine get used only at home volumes so maybe cranked you can squash a bit more...

Don Rusk

BearFoot FX Owner
Vendor
If you want a wider range of compression you might also consider the BF Ever Green Comp , especially for the blooming note /faux feedback stuff ....

Trending Topics