• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Beat up PRS

Donnie2112

I have been thinking recently, that I really like the way that a well worn in Gibson, Fender or Gretsch guitar looks. I actually like the way beat up 80s style super strats looks as well, hell I think it looks cool on MOST guitars.

But I've been developing an exception in my mind, I don't know that I can picture how a worn in PRS or similarly quilted guitar would look. I suppose in my head it looks wrong and bad. Does anybody have pictures of your well worn PRS?

mcbprs

Depends which model you are looking at, poly finish models are very hard wearing but can be chipped, nitro finish models should in theory wear in a similar way to nitro finished Gibsons, the new v12 finish is a combination that is both thin (for best sound) and hard wearing and if all else fails you can always send them to the PTC and they will repair or refinish them for you (at a price :) )

JPetty

The gold top DGT is epic, there's also another incredible one known as Casper. I'm sure it will surface on this thread sometime soon.

Donnie2112

I actually found Casper, and since it's a white standard it wears pretty much like a white strat would. It looks really cool too.

I guess I was thinking more about guitars with an expensive top, be it a Gibson, a PRS or whatever.

FrankiePRS

The thing is, even when the nice topped PRSs are beat to hell, they still look great. This is a 10-top that is very worn (and 2Tek'd!), but it doesn't even show in photos.

Donnie2112

That's got to be one of the most beat up PRS guitars in existence. I wonder if anyone has beat up any of the flamed or quilted ones like that, and how it would look.

EDIT: My question was answered as I was asking it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom