Beautiful Wood Amps

weenerdoggs

What's Up Dogg?
First of all, let me extend a big thank you to all the posters here on this thread! Your beautiful amps and enthusiasm for tone and wood are delightful. This is the most bedazzling collection of wood amps and cabinets I have ever seen.

I am especially delighted today as I finally picked up my amp in its new wood suit along with matching speaker. Travis at RockArt cabinets did a fine job, he has a woodworkers' talent I could only dream of having. It did take a while as we had to hunt and find the Cuban Mahogany and I ordered the Tiger Maple from the mainland (I live in Hawaii).

She is 50 watts, essential and ODS type of amp, custom built by my pal Brian. The speaker is a EVM 12L. The sound is DIVINE!

So here are the pics:

GtarMkrJed

Beautiful examples in this thread! I love wood cabinets. Here are a couple of mine.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

kev

I wish I had an amp of my own to contribute to this thread. Beautiful amps everyone!

I wish I had a better picture, but this looks just like my Alessandro Black n Tan.

I'm pretty sure that was mine. Prettiest amp ever. I got it from someone on here. Best cleans ever too.
Not sure whose it is, but I copied that picture off of TGP (I think!) years ago for an 'inspiration' if I ever build a head/cabinet for any of my amps - cnardone, it may not be better, but it's bigger, lol...

LoopyBullet

Silver Supporting Member
I've asked this question in a separate thread, but I figure I'd ask at the source: Do you guys worry about denting your wooden cabs/amps ever? I realize that after having a wooden cab that it'll dent if you look at it too hard. I'd like to keep it in mint condition, but I know in my mind that if I ever take it out of the house, it'll get all dinged up eventually. Even moving from room to room can give it a dent here or there (though I've been reaaaaally careful not to).

You guys care? Not care? Or never move it so it's never an issue? :) haha

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
I've gigged my 5e3 as it sits with no tolex and no finish even to protect the wood with no issue. I'm still gonna finish it anyway, just to protect it but no problem so far. Same thing with the 2x12 I showed the pic of earlier. I guess it's really a non issue for me.

AcornHouse

Here's a cabinet I made for my PP-18 (Ampmaker) build. Curly cherry cab with some Greene & Greene inspired joinery, Birdseye maple front, and a curly cherry handle.

JohnnyGeek

The amp itself is just an old Epiphone solid-state I had lying about - it was mainly a prototype to get the design right. I'm currently working on an identical one using a vintage Champ.

J_Stefanik

I've asked this question in a separate thread, but I figure I'd ask at the source: Do you guys worry about denting your wooden cabs/amps ever? I realize that after having a wooden cab that it'll dent if you look at it too hard. I'd like to keep it in mint condition, but I know in my mind that if I ever take it out of the house, it'll get all dinged up eventually. Even moving from room to room can give it a dent here or there (though I've been reaaaaally careful not to).

You guys care? Not care? Or never move it so it's never an issue? :) haha
Of course! Studio Slips with double padding has kept me dent free for a year or so.

weenerdoggs

What's Up Dogg?
We had a very nice little Alessandro Hound Dog at my pals shop a little while ago so I thought I would add it to the thread here.

Any other wood beauties to share? Let's see um!

Geeze

Originally Posted by StratLovesLenny View Post
I use a linseed / mineral spirits mixture to finish cab / guitar builds. Got ding? Steam it out with a wet rag / soldering iron, sand and re oil - gone. For really big FUBAR's steam out as much as possible then fill with devcon epoxy. Turns black and adds character.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Russ

donfrantz

Yo! You stealin’ all the cool.
Gold Supporting Member
I went the "funky" route on my first amp build--a Dave Hunter Two Stroke. The wood is 150 year old white pine. I love all these wood amps--very inspirational. Thanks to all who have posted.
[/URL][/IMG]

CyberFerret

The amps in this thread are just jaw dropping...

My contribution is just a 'stock standard' Mesa Boogie with wooden cabinet...

Trending Topics