Beavis & Butthead Theme Guitarist

motis1953

Does anybody here know who the guitarist was that played on the Beavis & Butthead TV show theme and what equipment was used. I like that tone.

EXPcustom

Mike Judge played it on his Gibson explorer, he talked about it in a Rolling Stone interview many years ago.

motis1953

I knew he played but wasn't sure if that was him or not. Do you remember what amp was mentioned? Sounds tweedy or maybe DC30.

Stike

Judge used to play upright bass in a Rockabilly band too. His musical interests aside I love his sense of humor. I can't think of anything he's done that I did not find really funny.

mcgriff420

Just listened to it, sounds loose and ragged -like a tweed deluxe ..

Esp if he really used an Explorer/humbucker to goose the front end. :aok

My .o2

drewl

I always thought it sounded like AC/DC...Gibson through a marshall...so the Explorer part is right.

EXPcustom

I knew he played but wasn't sure if that was him or not. Do you remember what amp was mentioned? Sounds tweedy or maybe DC30.
It was in either a Guitar magazine or Rolling Stone from the 90's so I just cant remember the details. I no longer have any of those magazines either, so I really cant help any further than he used a explorer.

monty

Does anybody here know who the guitarist was that played on the Beavis & Butthead TV show theme and what equipment was used. I like that tone.
100% sure it was Mike Judge. I have the old Guitar rag that had a feature on him (Cantrell on the cover IIRC). I'll dig it out later if no one else has the scoop.

Trending Topics