Because Analog!

GeorgeNada

After deciding I like analog I watched a poop ton of YouTube gear reviews on my phone and I can tell you, analog sounds way more natural and 3D and just has that old school magic. So I only buy analog. It’s far superior. In fact I’m in the process of penning an open letter to pedal builders imploring then all to only build analog pedals from here on out.

Analog is only superior to digital when you are comparing apples to apples… analog delay vs digital copy of analog delay. And even then, digital has done a lot to close that gap.

If each plays to its inherent strengths, then there is no superior. Only equally amazing pedals with different purposes and uses.

aman74

Analog is only superior to digital when you are comparing apples to apples… analog delay vs digital copy of analog delay. And even then, digital has done a lot to close that gap.

If each plays to its inherent strengths, then there is no superior. Only equally amazing pedals with different purposes and uses.
I propose that it’s subjective. Who’s to say digital isn’t better than analog even when digital isn’t attempting to emulate analog? Plenty of people prefer digital delay over analog, period.....not to mention a ton of other examples. Just think about reverb for a moment

Alchemist XP

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe. Check out the multi wave distortion.
I've tried a lot of digital dirt boxes, including from Source Audio ... and I think they've come a long way and, at lower volume and for recording, they're great.

I don't find a need for them personally because I get the dirt tones I want from my amps (Jubilee, Bogner Helios 50, Mesa TA-30) and with an analog compressor, clean boost or fuzz, can get pretty anything I want that just sounds better and better and better as it gets louder.

Digital dirt, at least to my ears, becomes tiring as the volume goes up.

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
I've tried a lot of digital dirt boxes, including from Source Audio ... and I think they've come a long way and, at lower volume and for recording, they're great.

I don't find a need for them personally because I get the dirt tones I want from my amps (Jubilee, Bogner Helios 50, Mesa TA-30) and with an analog compressor, clean boost or fuzz, can get pretty anything I want that just sounds better and better and better as it gets louder.

Digital dirt, at least to my ears, becomes tiring as the volume goes up.
I don’t disagree, but always like to point out the MW given the opportunity because I think it is versatile that is worth checking out for a lot of people.

Fr3shMak3r

Whatever
Platinum Supporting Member
After deciding I like analog I watched a poop ton of YouTube gear reviews on my phone and I can tell you, analog sounds way more natural and 3D and just has that old school magic. So I only buy analog. It’s far superior. In fact I’m in the process of penning an open letter to pedal builders imploring then all to only build analog pedals from here on out.
I see what you did there. Well played sir.

Trending Topics