Because I can (pic)

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
Sorry, just learned how to post a pic. My Sewell Wampus Cat Classic with 2x10"s on top and 1x15" on the bottom.

Guitar Dave T

Living in DFW, have had the pleasure of playing through several of Jim's amps.

How would you describe the WC's tone?

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
It's got a wonderful clean sound up until 3. After that, it has a very tweedy milkshake tone. Right now, I like the volume on 3.5 and the master on 10. It is plenty loud and I can get both clean and milkshake with my picking attack.

The extension has three panels on back so that I can get any combination of open/closed back. To be perfectly honest, I haven't found the amp and the cabinet to blend to my liking. My next purchase may be a Texaverb head to pump through the 15.

Guitar Dave T

I think you mean Doug.

Nice amp, Rotten---that extension 15" is an awesome idea. Allow me to join the party:

Yes, Doug. My bad. Don't know why I always do that - probably 'cause I use to work with a "Jim" Sewell.

Free

Sorry, just learned how to post a pic. My Sewell Wampus Cat Classic with 2x10"s on top and 1x15" on the bottom.
Damn - looks as pristine and delicate as expensive furniture. Doubt that will ever leave the home. One trip in a touring van, and it won't look anything like that again...

teleamp

Nice! Doug does great work, his amps are very popular with the Texas "A" list touring bands and big name pros.

MikeY

Trending Topics