Bedroom level fuzz use??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by terrapin, Feb 5, 2012.

1. terrapin

terrapin Member

Just wondering how others best achieve a good, harmonically rich, sustaining fuzz tone sound playing in home situations through 7-12 watts, single coils?

I am able to get close but the fuzz pedals still seem to need either a hard hit from the guitar volume or a stack with a low gain OD or a clean boost to really do their thing.

I am running a PigMine and a SkinPimp Fuzz Face.

Thanks

2. Dale

Dale Member

Use a pedal like the DLS as a base pedal and set it just breaking then hit that with te fuzz. Hybrid pedals like a ScrewDriver, Lunar Module, Fuzzhead, ect. do better at this as well I think.

3. redbeardrob

redbeardrob Member

= big muff.

at bedroom levels, you couldn't be more satisfied. my "bedroom" amp is 5watts, with a strat. perfection. you don't need to go boutique with the skinpimp & stuff. simple, cheap. big muff pi.

4. guitargod2u

guitargod2u Member

unless you read on gilmourish.com and he tells you to steer clear of a big muff unless you are using big volume lol. IMO it sounds just fine i use to run a big muff pi through a crappy crate 15 watt starter amp and would jam to black sabbath all day long.

5. tibbon

tibbon Member

Yea, any Muff variation should do the trick.