Been playing my Tele for weeks. Now my Strat feels like a dream!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Laroosco!, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

I played and gigged nothing but my 335 and my Strat for the last year or so.

I recently got my G&L ASAT Classic baack from my Brother and have beeen playing it exclusively for abbout 3-4 weeks. It sounds amazing so I've been hooked.

Like all other Tele's I've owned it's strings are stiffer than my Strat or 335. I guess my haands were getting lazy because I just pulled my Strat out of it's case for the first time this month and it feels better than ever.

No real point to this thread except that I'm lovin my Strat a lot at the moment.

Thanks for listening:D

2. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I, by contrast, sold my Strat yesterday. Seriously, I really did, to Vic Tynes (though, of course, I still have my Reverend Avenger). I'm not into keeping gear anymore I don't use. I guess I'm just a "Tele guy."

3. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

not to hijack, but Ive been pondering ... I have my 1980 custom, that never really gets played, but was my first real guitar and my Dad bought for me way back then... do I keep it for sentimental reason's or do I sell? I keep going back and forth in my mind....is this sentimental crap silly ?

4. Slipjack

Slipjack Member

Usually it's the other way around, or so I usually see. People get a Tele for the first time, then pick up their "weak and lifeless" Strat after so much time and want to sell it. I say just put better pickups in it.

That's cool though. Those anti-Strat people are missing out on the QUACK. Well, I guess some people don't like quack.

neastguy: When I was 15 I got my first guitar. It's an Epiphone strat copy (yeah, stop laughing it was cheap). I almost gave it away twice in the last 10 years I've had it. I just can't part with it. I know I'll regret it if I do. I know it's not very good but it's mine, and it was my first.

Better not take that chance, man. One of the worst things to miss is something that has any sentimental value.

Personally, my plywood Epiphone strat is going to have a warmoth neck slapped on it and some hand-wound Bare Knuckle Pickups thrown in someday.

5. Seegs

Seegs Member

I played strats exclusivly for 6 years then got bit by the tele bug and sold all my strats and had all teles for about 4 years...

now I have one of each and I like it that way...the tele always gets picked up first but my strat is what I have been gigging on for the last year...

Chow,
    Seegs

6. neastguy

you know your probably right, I have it on a stand in my room and just looking at it makes me happy...lol..I know its weird but true...better not sell....thanks....that was easy....

7. Slipjack

Slipjack Member

Yeah. I look at my bright red, mother-of-plywood Epiphone strat and about choke when I think of it gone or broken. I never plug it in. But I'll noodle with it on the couch from time to time. Really sad too -- I mean, Epiphone... STRAT. If I plug it in it goes from a cool little practice guitar to a buzzy, scratchy, annoying piece of crap. But I love it.

Someday I'll give her a makeover and maybe make it a slide-machine or something. That's what plywood guits are good for.

8. neastguy

I'm also torn because it really is a great guitar, stays in tune like a rock since I've tinkered with it... I feel bad that its not getting used, I just dont get along well with the neck....

9. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

I've got two Strats I intend to give to my two sons one day. There are pictures of my oldest son and I, with him wearing one of the Strats and me holding him--and I'll take similar pictures with my other son soon with the other Strat.

I'm hoping that the guitars and pictures combined will be precious to them as they get older and have children of their own, but of course there are no guarantees about that sort of thing.

Here's one of the pictures, albeit badly scanned:

[​IMG]

10. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

I've become much more a Strat guy, since getting my Suhr Classic.
    That guitar has changed my outlook on Strats in general.
    That said, I was ripping through my Tele (compressor and bridge pup, natch!) last night while watching Brad Paisley and the boys blasting through "Easy Money" on the DVD. Gawd, that was fun!!! :dude
    Thanks Leo!
    S.
    j

11. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

You do realize your tele will never forgive you...they are not very forgiving guitars.:D :D

12. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

LOL!!

The Tele loves me:D

I was beginning to think that the Strat wouldn't forgive me though.

13. 5wayswitch

5wayswitch Member

dont ever sell a guitar or any other item you got form your dad trust me . you never how much time you have with your parents and you cant replace memories

14. neastguy

well, my dad passed away over 10 years ago...thats what makes it harder....I'm gonna keep it

15. hemlock

hemlock Guest

Keep it!

16. MikeP

MikeP Member

I go through this every Sunday night ;-)

I force myself to give equal time to my Suhr T & S
    So I play each from one Sunday till next Sunday.

It is cool though because I always start out feeling the other was better & by the end of the week I hate to put it away for a week. But it is fun & I always come up with different things on each guitar.
    But yeah the first night is odd ;)

Mike